What's new

Aicloud stopped working "Server error! Please refresh page."

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Svetlo56

New Around Here
I have RT-N66U with Merlin 380.70, upgraded from stock. Immediately after, the Aicloud worked for a few days, accessing the local computers and 2 WD file servers within LAN, then stopped showing these computers and servers in Aircloud panel in the left column. So, it does log in from a remote site but the list is empty, with popup "Server error! Please refresh page.", then shows the login (username and password) page, then the same again. I do not have USB disk attached nor I need one. I searched SNB Forums and Googled extensively but could no find an answer, not even close. DDNS works, I can login into control panel normally, and in Aicloud, with the above message.

I do know the support for RT-N66U ended, but hope this is not particular for this model. The option is to throw away this router and get RT-AC68R, but I'd like to give one more shot.

Part of system log. There is a large number of entries same as below:

Feb 17 13:20:41 miniupnpd[628]: Failed to convert hostname 'fe80::290:a9ff:fedd:b4' to ip address
Feb 17 13:20:41 miniupnpd[628]: Failed to convert hostname 'fe80::290:a9ff:fedd:b4' to ip address

Here is Aicloud log:
Feb 17 13:15:37 webdav: User asus login from ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx instead real address)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

You upgraded from stock to 380.70. Can you confirm that you did reset the router back to factory default settings AFTER flashing to 380.70, and also that you did NOT restore amy custon settings from a backup, ie you manually entered your settings?

Regardless, if you stay on 380.70 your router may become increasingly vulnerable if (almost certainly) new security flaws are discovered and patched, unless you reverted to stock, assuming Asus will still support it. I believe the quality of the security of AICloud has been discussed in the forum and the suggestion was you’d be a safer with someone like Dropbox or Google Drive.

I did not reset after upgrade to 380.70, and entered everything manually. I will reset the router once I get home, cannot do it remotely. This does not explain why it worked then stopped.

I did check Asus website they do not say that support is discontinued, the latest is Version 3.0.0.4.382.5070220 dated 18/07/10, so maybe I'm better off reverting to stock? I like Aicloud because my backups run in terabytes and Dropbox or Google of hat capacity would cost a zillion and it would take a long, long time to backup.

Back to why it stopped working, any idea I can try?

Actually, it may very well explain why it worked then stopped after a few days. Depending on which specific version you were previously running, and particularly if you were running stock Asus, a reset to factory defaults followed by a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configured (do not use a backup file) is the minimum recommendation before you or anyone can begin troubleshooting with any logic or hope of success.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

While Asus has not officially abandoned it, the last release from July 10, 2018, is effective abandonment on February 18, 2019, in my books.

I would suggest to install john9527's latest build or, at the very least, the slightly newer Asus firmware over the 380.70 currently installed.

AiCloud is not a very secure part of the Asus features to use. A newer router on current RMerlin firmware will also give you options to not rely on that possible security risk.

Actually, it may very well explain why it worked then stopped after a few days. Depending on which specific version you were previously running, and particularly if you were running stock Asus, a reset to factory defaults followed by a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configured (do not use a backup file) is the minimum recommendation before you or anyone can begin troubleshooting with any logic or hope of success.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/n...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

While Asus has not officially abandoned it, the last release from July 10, 2018, is effective abandonment on February 18, 2019, in my books.

I would suggest to install john9527's latest build or, at the very least, the slightly newer Asus firmware over the 380.70 currently installed.

AiCloud is not a very secure part of the Asus features to use. A newer router on current RMerlin firmware will also give you options to not rely on that possible security risk.

Thank you for these links. You mention "AiCloud is not a very secure part of the Asus features to use. A newer router on current RMerlin firmware will also give you options to not rely on that possible security risk.". What other option are you talking about? I'd like to have access to my files anywhere and anytime, something like Aicloud, which is obviously Webdav based.

Thank you for these links. You mention "AiCloud is not a very secure part of the Asus features to use. A newer router on current RMerlin firmware will also give you options to not rely on that possible security risk.". What other option are you talking about? I'd like to have access to my files anywhere and anytime, something like Aicloud, which is obviously Webdav based.

Depending the router that you buy, you can use OpenVPN or IPSEC (which is the faster one). Either can be much more secure than the AiCloud features currently.