What's new

AiProtection alerts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

W4RH34D

Regular Contributor
I've been getting a ton of DNS port 53 alerts from ai protection.

I went ahead and made a DNS server for the time being for the local lan, but the asus is still the internet forwarding DNS server.

It is saying
" * is attacked by * via UDP 53, this action has been blocked."

The mac address is sometimes bogus, 01:00:00:00:00:00, and there's some weird symbols etc, but then sometimes the mac address is from a known device and ip.
Kinda thinking this is a bug and we're not really getting slammed with DNS attacks.

Had several of those reports every day with the last firmware. problem stopped after using 4585. I also was contacted by someone from Asus who had me run several commands to output two log files and email them to him. That was just before the last update.

Had several of those reports every day with the last firmware. problem stopped after using 4585. I also was contacted by someone from Asus who had me run several commands to output two log files and email them to him. That was just before the last update.
I think there may be some false positives, but it also has caught real stuff.

Was just contacted by the Asus engineer asking for an update on my concerns. Told him all was good.