What's new

Airport Extreme AC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ozgurcnbyz

Regular Contributor
Hi
I have virgin media 360/30 mbps internet at home. ISP supplied router doesn't have much features but i cant say i really care much at this point. All i want is reliable fast wi-fi connectivity which can handle streaming /casting on the internal network over this wifi. I know that it has a lot to do with how you position the wifi router but my apartment is quite small so i believe i should be able to get full performance esp in the same room. So my questions : is airport extreme worth looking at ? can it handle 360 mbps connection over the wifi ? any problems streaming /casting ? Should i bridge my ISP router to the Airport or use it as an AP ?

The devices used for streaming also must support the speed you want. What are they?

is airport extreme worth looking at ? can it handle 360 mbps connection over the wifi ? any problems streaming /casting ? Should i bridge my ISP router to the Airport or use it as an AP ?

AP Extreme AC should be fine there with a 360/30 connection...

As for bridging the ISP's router/gateway or DMZ'ing the Airport - depends on needs - Airports are very easy to set up as dedicated AP's as well...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!