What's new

[alpha] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62 preview builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
I've uploaded some preview builds to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire. As usual, I will occasionally push new test builds there over the coming weeks.

No support is provided for these builds, they are only intended for early adopters, and early feedback. At this point not many changes, so there isn't much for people to test specifically.

Download location: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/bj94sbhrh7e49/Test_Builds

Unedited commit log since 380.61 final:

Code:
96b6837 minidlna: Updated to 1.1.6
99c559e Updated documentation
6cfb8bf nettle: Increase optimization level to -O2, to speed up crypto for dnssec validation
8f3b072 nettle: Updated to 3.2
079fcf3 openssl: Updated CA bundle to April 20th version
136a95a dnsmasq: move dnssec trust-anchor inside the main config file instead of included in an external file
ac468b0 nano: Enable for RT-N66U and RT-AC66U, as it only adds ~100 KB once compressed
ccb46bc build: fixed typo in minidlna recipe; added ansi termcap to ncurses
fa57625 webui: Hide ATM overhead setting on MIPS models with an older iproute package
389d3ff webui: Hide OpenVPN Client policy rule settings if interface is set to TAP (fixes #992)
76e1542 webui: Fixed code formatting on the OpenVPN client page (no code change)
c035f66 nano: Fix building with --enable-tiny
e68a8f9 nano: Add Nano 2.6.3 and ncurses 6.0
de1176a Bumped revision to 380.62 alpha 1
30c7946 Updated documentation

August 26th update:

Code:
10c1c4f nano: enable further compiler optimization to reduce code size (especially on MIPS)
5a80ee8 webui: Move PPTPD passwords to an array, and add a checkbox to hide/show them in the table
30ab1be webui: move OpenVPN server passwords to an array instead of relying on DOM storage, and add a checkbox to reveal/hide passwords from the table (by deaults, passwords are no longer shown).  Closes #934.
0d51130 webui: Editing username/passwords with any entry > 32 characters could lead to data corruption, as the truncated value with ellipsis would be saved
852a20b webui: Increase username/password fields for OpenVPN clients from 50 to 250 characters max (closes #1001)
6841bb1 Updated documentation
4558c50 nano: Enable UTF8 support for ARM models
f12db7d webui: Move buttons to the right on the Firmware upgrade page, giving more room filename display
80a13ff rc: Optimization, reuse the str_escape_quotes() function already present in libshared instead of its suit_double_quote() duplicate
7a43e6f webui: Remove extra space between description and lease table on the DHCP Lease page
6f44216 webui: Hide fields on the Wireless Status if they are irrelevant to the current operating mode (for instance, SNR and RSSI while in AP/Router mode.
4729750 webui: Display ellipsis on hostnames > 16 chars, with fullname in popup on the Wireless Status page (closes #1006)
3696af7 nano: Build with more options enabled for ARM devices, as they have more rootfs space

September 3rd update:
Code:
3da9726 webui: Hide WPA key by default on the Wireless config page, reveal it when clicking in the input field
6062536 Updated documentation
0eba22e webui: ovpn clients still need some time before the XML data about their state can be accessed, so wait 1 second before updating the VPN Status page
15f0031 webui: Apply button didn't work on Smart Connect page for the RT-AC88U (backport from upstream)
2a7e9d8 webui: Ensure we aren't dealing with a subunit (guest network) when editing the wireless configuration
e78f0c4 Updated documentation
34c31b4 openvpn: Updated to 2.3.12
7c92753 webui: Report transfered bytes as MBytes on the VPNStatus page, more readable on very active tunnels.
2ede41d webui: No longer wait 3 secs before displaying VPNStatus summary, we no longer have to wait for a process signal to be processed by the OpenVPN daemon - the status file is automatically refreshed every few seconds
7fc864f igmpproxy: custom config file should be named igmpproxy.conf, not just igmpproxy.
b7e108b webui: Immediately refresh connection state of clients when toggling display of OpenVPN/PPTPD passwords

September 6th update:

Code:
bd404b3 rc,webui: Implement vendor class (DHCP option 60) on WAN page (closes #930)
fba2001 Updated documentation
2aa8e7d https,webui: Revamped Wireless Log page, report clients' IPv6 if they have one

September 11th update:
Code:
d737a56 nano: Updated to 2.7.0
f479c50 Updated documentation
697d1b7 rc: allow bogus DHCP REPLIES from broken ISPs on renewals, not just on initial lease
72c8e1c iptables: Add missing ip6t_recent module for IPv6 (MIPS only) (fixes #999)
f1f5c76 networkmap: Fix some more leaked file descriptors
101fae2 httpd: Use sizeof() instead of hardcoded values.
a1b7122 Merge pull request #1033 from pusewicz/patch-1
31bf2f2 httpd: Fix more memory leaks related to networkmap, and issues introduced with commit 1a3cb62adf8d2c1769886f43bbca1c3285200777.
c7075c6 Fix variable spelling
9de5b81 rc: Remove alarming message about NTP failure, it's simply that hourly_monitor hasn't noticed yet that NTP has very recently synced our clock, and will do so in 120 seconds.
1d5ce4d networkmap: Add missing brackets
88033d7 Updated documentation
a3b6d41 Bumped revision to alpha 2
1a3cb62 httpd: Fixed leaked handle and a few potential buffer overruns in code related to networkmap
c818a3b networkmap: Fixed numerous leaked handles (missing socket close() calls on error cases); fix crash in arpstorm when failing to obtain a socket
d372732 networkmap: Fix buffer overrun (was limiting the size with the wrong structure element - 4000 bytes instead of only 200)
942a2f4 networkmap: Fix memory leak (missing free() )
3c0ee25 networkmap: Allocate one extra byte for the string's null terminator byte
5560fed networkmap: We just allocated the target buffer based on source length, so no point in re-checking it (it looks wrong anyway)
59632e6 networkmap: Free potential memory leak
66b051f networkmap: Using sprintf() on ourselves can be dangerous - use a temp buffer instead

Last edited:
Noticed a small bug in 380.61 which i think would be easy to implement a fix in .62 - Traffic analyser changes graph display from 'Clients' to 'Apps' when selecting weekly or monthly from the dropdown. Easy resolved by selecting 'Apps', then 'Router' again on the GUI.

Noticed a small bug in 380.61 which i think would be easy to implement a fix in .62 - Traffic analyser changes graph display from 'Clients' to 'Apps' when selecting weekly or monthly from the dropdown. Easy resolved by selecting 'Apps', then 'Router' again on the GUI.

Not sure if Merlin has access to that Trend Micro code on the Statistics tab. Interesting to hear his answer.

Not sure if Merlin has access to that Trend Micro code on the Statistics tab. Interesting to hear his answer.

Quite frankly, that page is a mess, and I don't want to dive into its code. I'm not sure I even understand how it's supposed to work.

The one thing I appreciate is the inclusion of the nano text editor. I was already using it via entware but now it's in the core.

I had that work-in-progress gathering dust on my hard disk for nearly two years, I only recently decided to put some time into finishing it (which mostly meant optimizing things so it wouldn't take multiple megabytes of space).

MIPS support is still up in the air, as there's something suspicious about the resulting MIPS build of it.

Hmmm... would almost qualify as a .1 version by the looks of the changes?

It's an alpha, and the first of it. That means very early work-in-progress.

Beta is where I put a feature freeze.

I've upgraded from a RT-AC68u to a RT-AC88u (Hw. Version A2), now running 380.62A1 in ap mode.
I'm missing the Tools -> Other Settings page with the Tweaks and Hacks Settings. Tried nvram reset with no luck.

Last edited:
I upgraded from 361 and No issues so far
It flashed with out any problems and seems pretty stable
Thank you

I've upgraded from 361 & am having no issues, minidlna is working without error for me as it was on 361. Server broadcast detection seems to be the same, if not there immediately appears within a few minutes.

RT-AC68U

how to activate nano editor? how can i test if nano editor works with latest 380.62?

how to activate nano editor? how can i test if nano editor works with latest 380.62?

Simply run it, the name is "nano".

Personally I always use it with word-wrap disabled (to avoid breaking shell scripts), so out of habit, I always run "nano -w".

The ARM version has more features enabled, including the built-in help pages.

Refreshed builds uploaded. Mostly webui-level tweaks and bugfixes.

Code:
10c1c4f nano: enable further compiler optimization to reduce code size (especially on MIPS)
5a80ee8 webui: Move PPTPD passwords to an array, and add a checkbox to hide/show them in the table
30ab1be webui: move OpenVPN server passwords to an array instead of relying on DOM storage, and add a checkbox to reveal/hide passwords from the table (by deaults, passwords are no longer shown).  Closes #934.
0d51130 webui: Editing username/passwords with any entry > 32 characters could lead to data corruption, as the truncated value with ellipsis would be saved
852a20b webui: Increase username/password fields for OpenVPN clients from 50 to 250 characters max (closes #1001)
f12db7d webui: Move buttons to the right on the Firmware upgrade page, giving more room filename display
80a13ff rc: Optimization, reuse the str_escape_quotes() function already present in libshared instead of its suit_double_quote() duplicate
7a43e6f webui: Remove extra space between description and lease table on the DHCP Lease page
6f44216 webui: Hide fields on the Wireless Status if they are irrelevant to the current operating mode (for instance, SNR and RSSI while in AP/Router mode.
4729750 webui: Display ellipsis on hostnames > 16 chars, with fullname in popup on the Wireless Status page (closes #1006)
3696af7 nano: Build with more options enabled for ARM devices, as they have more rootfs space

Refreshed builds uploaded. Mostly webui-level tweaks and bugfixes.

Code:
After updating the AC5300 with the newest alpha code, most of my wireless devices can not be seen by the router.

I will reinstall the released code just to ensure that it is not a hardware problem.

Thanks...

After updating the AC5300 with the newest alpha code, most of my wireless devices can not be seen by the router.

I will reinstall the released code just to ensure that it is not a hardware problem.

Thanks...

There has been zero code change related to wifi since 380.61. It's all webui changes, a minidlna upgrade, and the addition of nano.

There has been zero code change related to wifi since 380.61. It's all webui changes, a minidlna upgrade, and the addition of nano.
Thanks for getting back to me quickly. I will do a default to factory setting, reconfigure and see how it goes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!