What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.60

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reboot your router after changing this. This setting is definitely causing problems with your router's ability to execute the cleanup script. See this entry fron 376.54's changelog:

Code:
- FIXED: Router DNS weren't reverted to their original values
            when shutting down an OpenVPN client with "explicit-
            exit-notify" enabled.  Now we manually clean it up
            after the user manually terminates the client - it might
            still not be cleaned up after an unexpected shutdown however.
            Ideally, users should try avoiding using this setting when
            possible.

While the firmware now handles the DNS, it still can't handle the policy-based routes cleanup if you use that setting.
That did the trick. Had some weird behavior on reboot. Had to re-add the keys and certs cause they got wiped out for some reason. Must of been some fluke cause I rebooted again and were not lost the 2nd time.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's not trailing behind by more than a single release. 380.59 is available for the RT-N66U. 380.60 isn't, due to the GPL release missing necessary components.

Just curious. I recently bought a n66u and updated the stock firmware before I knew about the backward flashing limitation. Does this mean that the n66u can not be eventually supported? I want to take it back if it can't!

380.60_alpha3 < Not stable
380.60_alpha2 < Not stable

Use half way Internet LED missing.

I have to reboot the router than allow me to access internet, but P2P network and Skype still work.

Jun 19 11:08:09 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Jun 19 11:08:09 DualWAN: skip single wan wan_led_control - WANRED off
Jun 19 11:08:09 stop_nat_rules: apply the redirect_rules!

Just curious. I recently bought a n66u and updated the stock firmware before I knew about the backward flashing limitation. Does this mean that the n66u can not be eventually supported? I want to take it back if it can't!

No, it simply means I can't build a new firmware until Asus releases a complete GPL that contains the missing bits.

Bug: probably already being fixed or looked into.... latest apha3 on RT_AC88U when using OpenVPN Client.
when you start the service everything is fine and it just works.

but when you stop the service and go to restart the service you get a Routing IP/Conflict
the only way to fix it is to reboot the router and when you start the service again it works perfect, but go to stop it and start it again at a later time you get a routing /ip conflict again......

it seems that when you stop the service the script is not doing its job at clean up or ip routing clean up before letting you start the service again there for running into a ip conflict....

if this is not being looked into can someone take a look and see if its fixable. thanks.

Bug: probably already being fixed or looked into.... latest apha3 on RT_AC88U when using OpenVPN Client.
when you start the service everything is fine and it just works.

but when you stop the service and go to restart the service you get a Routing IP/Conflict
the only way to fix it is to reboot the router and when you start the service again it works perfect, but go to stop it and start it again at a later time you get a routing /ip conflict again......

it seems that when you stop the service the script is not doing its job at clean up or ip routing clean up before letting you start the service again there for running into a ip conflict....

if this is not being looked into can someone take a look and see if its fixable. thanks.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/al...uswrt-merlin-380-60.32978/page-11#post-266525

Hi mate, i dont have that setting in my custom settings : explicit-exit-notify 5
my custom settings are

--
resolv-retry infinite
keepalive 10 60
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
persist-remote-ip
tls-remote uk1.vpn.giganews.com
comp-lzo
verb 3

--

Those are the only custom settings i use, i have tried with only persist remote ip and all other settings removed and still the same issue......
i guess if i want to use openVPN im going to have to reboot the router all the time to use it....

Hi mate, i dont have that setting in my custom settings : explicit-exit-notify 5
my custom settings are

--
resolv-retry infinite
keepalive 10 60
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
persist-remote-ip
tls-remote uk1.vpn.giganews.com
comp-lzo
verb 3

--

Those are the only custom settings i use, i have tried with only persist remote ip and all other settings removed and still the same issue......
i guess if i want to use openVPN im going to have to reboot the router all the time to use it....

In my experience the 'routing conflict' is normally a warning, and the VPN client does actually correctly (re)connect, so for a quick and dirty 'cosmetic' fix (saves having to reboot!) :

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/error-routing-conflict.30164/#post-235773

or to start/stop/refresh a VPN client connection, use a script which correctly removes the spurious VPN routes that are apparently still left when manually stopping an ACTIVE VPN client via the GUI:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/op...service-state-apply-button.30410/#post-237935

380.60 Beta 1 is now available here.

Changes since Alpha 3:

Code:
f04e52f Bumped revision to 380.60 beta 1 ; Commit number 2^12 :)
27aed0d Updated documentation
a9b0600 minidlna: Disable Asus's thumbnail cache
d4a9a2d Added prebuilt drivers for RT-AC3200 (GPL 3479)
8353996 samba: Don't skip starting SMB if there's no USB disk but Browser Master / WINS support is enabled
ebeadfe webui: Fix unclosed tag on Wireless Professional page
b1e542c httpd: Do not enforce Japanese locale to routers region-coded for JP (second instance, issue #929)
4ae821f build: Disable traffic monitoring at the switch level for the AC3200, AC87 and AC68 as people reported similar issues to the AC88/3100/5300, and that code being closed s
99d389a webui: Client names with quotes in them couldn't be edited in the networkmap popup (closes #938)
1fd52ff webui: Revert change from Asus that would dynamically load disk_functions.js - doesn't work, drive selector comes up as empty

In my experience the 'routing conflict' is normally a warning, and the VPN client does actually correctly (re)connect, so for a quick and dirty 'cosmetic' fix (saves having to reboot!) :

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/error-routing-conflict.30164/#post-235773

or to start/stop/refresh a VPN client connection, use a script which correctly removes the spurious VPN routes that are apparently still left when manually stopping an ACTIVE VPN client via the GUI:

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/op...service-state-apply-button.30410/#post-237935

Thanks for the help mate, but to be honest these`s are just work arounds...
is there no way for Rmerlin to add a setting in the client area`s called reset routing and when pressed after stopping the client it automaticlly runs those above commands to clean or remove the error so that when you restart the client you end up with no error ?????

should be a easy option to add within the client area of the VPN client settings.....
hope he adds it as this would stop people fiddling around with putty or ssh or login in externally and be quicker and easier just adding the option to the routers GUI.

Thanks! Saw this on build using fedora 23. Now going past strange tcode.c/private.c error.
Don't see a fix in git as of today, 22 Jun, so manually applied patch.

DLNA: Rebuild entire database at start.

Is this option helps in something? I scheduled to reboot my router every day.

DLNA: Rebuild entire database at start.

Is this option helps in something? I scheduled to reboot my router every day.

It helps if your database isn't always up-to-date (for example, the USB disk gets removed and plugged back, with changes done on a PC).