What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Checked the syslog this morning after installing around 13hrs ago and it is full of messages like the below:
Jul 23 08:59:22 kernel: net_ratelimit: 515 callbacks suppressed
Jul 23 08:59:22 kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow

Comparing 380.60Beta2 and 380.61Alpha1, which one seems to have less issues or is more stable overall?

Comparing 380.60Beta2 and 380.61Alpha1, which one seems to have less issues or is more stable overall?
In my opinion both are valid (more or less). The 380.61_alpha1 seems have WiFi more stable and the GUI faster.
At the moment I prefer 380.61...

In my opinion both are valid (more or less). The 380.61_alpha1 seems have WiFi more stable and the GUI faster.
At the moment I prefer 380.61...
Running the Alpha 1, 380.61 here good so far
On overnight so far
Cool! I just flashed my router with 380.61 alpha 1, it does have way faster GUI. I will update some more information.

Cant wait for RT_AC88U support ;)
Hope that model gets support soon :)

I wish in this version no more wan disconnectivity problems...but have to wait feedback from others who had same wan problems as me....and also there is no firmware yet for my router....will wait...

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

I wish in this version no more wan disconnectivity problems...but have to wait feedback from others who had same wan problems as me...

What WAN problems do/did you have? I had a WAN problem on 380.59, it said disconnected on GUI interface, but I could access some of the websites, like 50% of them. I had to restart the router to get it to work again. Is that the same problem with you?

What WAN problems do/did you have? I had a WAN problem on 380.59, it said disconnected on GUI interface, but I could access some of the websites, like 50% of them. I had to restart the router to get it to work again. Is that the same problem with you?
no, i have this errors on 380.60 firmware....at the moment i use 380.57...
Code:
Jul 18 18:54:15 WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.
Jul 18 18:54:15 DualWAN: skip single wan wan_led_control - WANRED off
Jul 18 18:55:19 WAN Connection: WAN was restored.
Code:
14:18:24 pppd[515]: No response to 10 echo-requests
14:18:24 pppd[515]: Serial link appears to be disconnected.
14:18:24 pppd[515]: Connect time 1262.9 minutes.
14:18:24 pppd[515]: Sent 402579779 bytes, received 3156443671 bytes.
14:18:28 WAN Connection: Fail to connect with some issues.
14:18:30 pppd[515]: Connection terminated.
14:18:30 pppd[515]: Sent PADT
14:18:30 pppd[515]: Modem hangup
14:19:15 pppd[515]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
14:20:30 pppd[515]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
14:21:45 pppd[515]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
14:23:00 pppd[515]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
14:23:01 pppd[515]: PPP session is 24093 (0x5e1d)
14:23:01 pppd[515]: Connected to 00:30:88:19:c3:bb via interface eth0
14:23:01 pppd[515]: Using interface ppp0
14:23:01 pppd[515]: Connect: ppp0 <--> eth0

RT-AC68U owners, any of you used to be on 380.60 beta, and used to have WAN-related issues? Are these fixed so far in 380.61 alpha 1 ?
Didn't have WAN problem with previous firmwares and now, just an observation, the WAN DHCP is steadier with the IP it acquires now, before when 68U were rebooted it will get new IP's almost everytime, it so it seems there is an automatic MAC cloning happening therefore acquiring different IP's from the ISP.

I wish in this version no more wan disconnectivity problems...but have to wait feedback from others who had same wan problems as me....and also there is no firmware yet for my router....will wait...

The goal of a beta/alpha version is to generate feedback. If you do have that issue, then it would be helpful for you to test it. Waiting for others to test it means that a specific issue might never get tested at all if everyone were to also wait for others to do so.

Didn't have WAN problem with previous firmwares and now, just an observation, the WAN DHCP is steadier with the IP it acquires now, before when 68U were rebooted it will get new IP's almost everytime, it so it seems there is an automatic MAC cloning happening therefore acquiring different IP's from the ISP.

DHCP leases is tied to the router's MAC, so it's unlikely any code change might have had an impact with the IP you get. One thing that was changed in 380.60 beta 2 (and which Asus has also integrated in their 3831 code) is how lease expiration/renewal is handled. The new method implemented by themiron now more closely follows the RFC as to when to request a renewal, and how to handle some other niche scenarios.

I suspect that the WAN issues a few users experienced with 380.60 were in the wanduck code. Wanduck is a process that handles the WAN state, detecting if it went down, if it's currently connecting, failing to connect, etc... Asus did a lot of changes recently to that code, and I'm hoping that the changes they did in 3831 (used by 380.61) resolved the issues that were introduced in 380.60 (the 3200-3400 Asus code).

The goal of a beta/alpha version is to generate feedback. If you do have that issue, then it would be helpful for you to test it. Waiting for others to test it means that a specific issue might never get tested at all if everyone were to also wait for others to do so.
yes i know that everyone have to test firmware and write feedback but i am waiting firmware for my router....there are just three routers support for now....

This isn't anything serious, but I am curious if there should be the second word, "Android", below USB2.0.
Screenshot 2016-07-24 00.55.52.png

Since bayern1975 has a RT-AC3200, he can't test 380.61 alpha as there is no version for it.

In my case with the RT-AC68U, I've gotten none of the WAN ISP messages since the 21st. My internet was sluggish for awhile yesterday (12:30am) but I think that was due to a lot of packet loss with Level 3 which happened to correspond. http://internetpulse.keynote.com/Main.aspx?Metric=PL

All I can do is keep waiting and see what happens.

[...]
I suspect that the WAN issues a few users experienced with 380.60 were in the wanduck code. Wanduck is a process that handles the WAN state, detecting if it went down, if it's currently connecting, failing to connect, etc... Asus did a lot of changes recently to that code, and I'm hoping that the changes they did in 3831 (used by 380.61) resolved the issues that were introduced in 380.60 (the 3200-3400 Asus code).

I was running stock 3.0.0.4.380_3831 and AC68U had problems with obtaining automatic WAN IP from bridged Dovado with LTE USB modem. Whenever the connection went down due to rebooting Dovado, I was getting the following errors:

WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly.

After a series of such errors, I saw on WAN page that it has started cloning some random MAC addresses. Sometimes switching off / on WAN helped, sometimes only rebooting Asus worked. This lead me to conclusion it must be Asus WAN bug.

But I am confused now, RMerlin says that 380.61_alpha1 is based on 3831 (which I had problems with), however since flashing 380.61_alpha1 2 days ago and performing factory reset, I have not had any single issues with obtaining WAN IP by Asus. I already rebooted Dovado many times to see if Asus pick up WAN IP, rebooted Asus, used WAN failover, load balancing, performed multiple tests of wan1 down/up and it worked every single time. So I am confused because the issue is gone but apparently it is based on 3831.

@bayern1975 , I had similar issue using pppoe with RT-AC56U. I don't know why but what helped was to change "yes" to "no" for: "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" on WAN page.