What's new

Amazon Prime’s New Monthly Plans To Compete With Netflix

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
Aside from its $99 per year subscription plan, Amazon Prime added two monthly plans that will appeal to subscribers not in interested in the service’s alternative year-long commitment.

amazonprimeplans.jpg

The $10.99 per month plan includes all the features that the yearly Amazon Prime plan offers, including free two-day shipping (one-day shipping in some areas), unlimited movies, TV shows and music streaming and ebook access.

The $8.99 per month plan, the real Netflix competitor between the two packages, will give subscribers unlimited access to movies and TV shows.

The two monthly plans’ short-term commitment may sound attractive to some, but as Nick Wingfield of the New York Times points out, there is a cost difference as the monthly breakdown of the $99 annual plan is cheaper at $8.25 per month.

I get free 2 day shipping since I have a business account. I tested it by ordering PC stuff, and 1 out of 10 items shipped from amazon. 2 day shipping was not offered. BIG disappointment. Sticking with newegg. They get your order processed faster also. Everything else I can pirate. Don't need to pay for movies or TV.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online