What's new

Any current known issues on AX models?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jrmtz85

Regular Contributor
Hi there, was wondering if there were any currently known issues with AX routers?
Story: had gotten my parents an AC86U a few years ago, and installed Merlin at the time. Worked great for about a year. Then he got the 5GHZ wifi radio issue. After a lot of back and forth got an Asus replacement. By that point however, he had already gotten a Netgear R7800 (I kept the AC86U as a node). Of course, now, with his luck, his R7800 got the bug where after power loss, it completely resets to factory defaults. And naturally, it went out of warranty a few weeks ago. Looking to maybe move him back to Asus, but wanted to see if there are any known issues right now with the AX routers (in the $100-200 range, so, the AX55, AX58 AX68).
Thanks!

Put the current Merlin or the Asus beta on the AC86U. Either works well. I got an AX86U because I wanted one. There was nothing wrong with my AC86U. Had one glitch with the AX86U that I fixed with a new cable to the ONT.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!