What's new

Any plans to release Asuswrt-Merlin for RT-N56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hmaki

New Around Here
Hi

Having bought an RT-N56U a year ago, I just recently became aware of the new 3.x version of firmware for it. I'm quite happy with it, but I miss USB HDD spindown. Asuswrt-Merlin sports that feature (among others), but RT-N56U is not on the supported devices list (not even experimental).

Would it be possible to have experimental firmware releases for RT-N56U?

Hi

Having bought an RT-N56U a year ago, I just recently became aware of the new 3.x version of firmware for it. I'm quite happy with it, but I miss USB HDD spindown. Asuswrt-Merlin sports that feature (among others), but RT-N56U is not on the supported devices list (not even experimental).

Would it be possible to have experimental firmware releases for RT-N56U?

Unlikely. This router uses a totally different chipset, which would require extensive changes and testing. All my low-level changes are specific to Broadcom.

Ok, I see.

Besides, I noticed the USB drive I have doesn't support spindown. So, I guess I'm happy with stock firmware. Cheers.

Or if you the Asus firmware lacking you can try Padavans fw. I have it running
on a N56U without any froblem , fw .027.

Ok, I see.

Besides, I noticed the USB drive I have doesn't support spindown. So, I guess I'm happy with stock firmware. Cheers.