What's new

Any stores in Vancouver, Canada selling AC68U Rev B1?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

booyah

New Around Here
I just picked up the AC68U Rev A2 (made in 2015) from NCIX in Lansdowne yesterday for $179. I checked all the ones on the shelf and they were all A2's. Asked the rep, and she checked her computer which said they only stocked A2.

Besides the 200mhz speed, is it really worth it to scope out the B1? I remember reading someone purchased it from Canada Computers, but there's no store in Vancouver, so that's out of the question. Ordering online is a crapshoot.

Also thinking about getting the TP-LINK TL-PA8010p to hook up my N66U as an access point. I can connect other devices through the LAN ports, when the N66U is configured as an access point, right? Or do I need the 3 port TL-8030P version in order to connect more than one wired device?

TP-LINK TL-PA8010p

I would suggest keeping away from the TP-Link PLC's... others have run into problems with dropouts - and after a month or so having them inside my network, I would tend to agree....

I would suggest keeping away from the TP-Link PLC's... others have run into problems with dropouts - and after a month or so having them inside my network, I would tend to agree....
Nuts. Did you have this model? I was going to go for a repeater before, but then found out I could get a powerline adapter and hook up an old router as an access point. Just ordered it from Direct Canada. This model seems to have awesome reviews from what I googled though. Did some digging, and it seems to affect the older ones from 2014. And this one says it has a built-in noise filter for up to 15a electrical appliances to be connected.

Checked Staples, and they only have A2. Is it still worth hunting down the B1? I noticed the Merlin fork seems to fixed issues with the USB 3.0 speed.

Give it a try and see - I've got the 803 kit (AV1200) with 3 ethernet ports - initially it worked quite well...

If you check the TP-Link support forums, a lot of comments about random dropouts, and also similar comments here on SNBForums..

I picked up a Sony Trinitron monitor from NCIX when it was the tiny shop in Burnaby along Broadway street if I remember correctly.

It's so bigger now. wow

B1 Is the 1ghz processor, right?

How do I spot the correct model when purchasing online, like Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, etc??

I know the RT AC68P has the 1ghz CPU, but how do I spot the newer RT AC68U with faster CPU??

B1 Is the 1ghz processor, right?

How do I spot the correct model when purchasing online, like Amazon, Best Buy, NewEgg, etc??

I know the RT AC68P has the 1ghz CPU, but how do I spot the newer RT AC68U with faster CPU??
You can't check online. Only way is in stores with the white sticker on the side of the box, which tells you the hardware version. Still haven't opened mine yet. Should I wait for the next wave of Asus AC1900 revisions?

Give it a try and see - I've got the 803 kit (AV1200) with 3 ethernet ports - initially it worked quite well...

If you check the TP-Link support forums, a lot of comments about random dropouts, and also similar comments here on SNBForums..
Luckily it hasn't shipped yet. I just cancelled my order. Go with D-Link or Netgear instead?

Luckily it hasn't shipped yet. I just cancelled my order. Go with D-Link or Netgear instead?

Consensus is that Broadcom-based devices are more stable - check reviews on the main site...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!