What's new

Archer C8 Firmware Upgrade Concerns

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Eldram

Regular Contributor
Hello! I've been using the TP-Link Archer C8 v.1 Wireless Router for almost 2 years and have had no issues; it's a fantastic router. However I recently became aware of a new firmware that came out on in May 2016. I don't think I've every updated the firmware on it. I have some concerns though; one is that by doing so, I'd have to reconfigure all my settings on the router as it says in the firmware notes here. Two is that I've gotten so used to the interface of the firmware I'm on now, and have no idea if this new firmware's interface is truly better. So I'm trying to find out if there is anyone who is familiar with this router and its firmware and can give me a heads up on it, in addition to letting me know if it's worth the hassle of upgrading. I'm of the mindset of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" especially when it comes to networking because I know it's very easy for things to go FUBAR. If you need any additional info please let me know, I will respond ASAP. Thank you!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!