What's new

Are these forums behind a cache server / accelerator?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Terry Kennedy

Regular Contributor
I've been getting emailed notifications of new replies, but when I click on the link to visit the forum the reply isn't there (yet). It will usually show up several hours later, but shows a posting time near when I received the email notification. This has happened multiple times in the Plastic Optical Fiber thread, for example. I don't remember this happening with the previous forum software.

This is often caused by a cache server / accelerator (either locally or something like CloudFlare) that doesn't know that the pages are dynamic and should not be cached.

I have checked this from multiple hosts and browsers, both logged-in and not logged-in to the forum here.

Anyone else seeing this?

We've ramped up anti-spam measures with XenForo. Could be XenForo is sending notification of moderated posts. Next time it happens, please send me the email so that I can check.

We've ramped up anti-spam measures with XenForo. Could be XenForo is sending notification of moderated posts. Next time it happens, please send me the email so that I can check.
Ok. I still have one notification from the POF thread that hasn't appeared in the forum yet.

No posts are being held in the thread. What's the post link?

No posts are being held in the thread. What's the post link?
Sorry, I don't have it - I deleted it after reading up to the "<user> has replied to <topic> in the <name> forum" first line of the body.

If this happens again, I will save the links and timestamps for you.

BTW, the forum seems to be awash in Korean-language spam promoting a number of different sites. Rather than finding and reporting all of 'em it will be faster to just look at the right-side-panel for "New Threads", where you'll see stuff like this:

6-9-2015 4-52-53 AM.png
[

Last edited:
Just finished cleaning them up. Anti-spam caught a lot of them, but some got through

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!