What's new

ASUS 2017 New Routers + Current Routers FW Development !!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IAAI

Very Senior Member

1 - It's been a while since we heard anything from asus marketing team specially after netgear releasing their Nighthawk X10 R9000. (yes I m aware of BRT-AC828) If Eric isn't testing one of their future routers nothing coming soon .
A - They are cooking something special and none of competitors have thought off.
B - They are taking turns with netgear one releases a big product the other waits a bit before releasing theirs.
C - They are sleeping/don't care :p

2 - FW development been silent for a while (Eric is updating his faster than them). Yes I m aware of 382 branch but we haven't heard anything about it yet, RT-AC88U is still rocking Multi-User MIMO *ALPHA why is it taking so long to get it out of Alpha phase. Am I having an issue with it no but i hate anything in alpha or beta :D.

-------
What do you guys think ?

What do you guys think ?

Asus did release numerous new routers this year. They just weren't higher priced than their current flagships, so you missed them... RT-N300, RT-N600, RT-AC58, RT-AC66U B1... Possibly the RT-N1200 line as well (can't remember if they came out this year or late last year).

A lot of changes in the firmware development these past few months, for reasons I don't want to discuss here. Look at what happened with Asus's firmware over the past 12-18 months, and you might be able to deduce what is currently going on to explain their slowdown of firmware releases of late.

RT-AC88U MU-MIMO is still alpha most likely because Broadcom flat out screwed up with it, and no amount of software development can fix it. Tim's tests seem to support that.

That's what happens when you buy a router based on advanced technology that is "to be implemented later". If something in the silicon ends up being wrong, then that feature never gets properly implemented. Quantenna also got burned by that same problem it seems.

Buy routers (or, any device for that matter) based on what it currently can do. Because "to be added later" can be another way of saying "We couldn't make it work, we're hoping we MIGHT make it work later on. Maybe."

If Eric isn't testing one of their future routers nothing coming soon .

If I am and it's under NDA, you wouldn't know. For instance, I had an RT-AC87U weeks before people knew about it. The sample I had didn't even came in a casing, because they were still working on that design at the time...

i will say asus must be holding their cards close to their chest if there have a new BHR cooking as i havnt heard a whisper , i dont think its all that bad a thing if they sit on their hands for a bit and see where the dust settles

Asus did release numerous new routers this year. They just weren't higher priced than their current flagships, so you missed them... RT-N300, RT-N600, RT-AC58, RT-AC66U B1... Possibly the RT-N1200 line as well (can't remember if they came out this year or late last year).

A lot of changes in the firmware development these past few months, for reasons I don't want to discuss here. Look at what happened with Asus's firmware over the past 12-18 months, and you might be able to deduce what is currently going on to explain their slowdown of firmware releases of late.
"

I meant something above 88 and 5300

/

Yeah i guess i know why :(
Didn't think it will have such a big impact on them.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!