What's new

Asus 68P qos & iphone/android WAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

damasterjj

New Around Here
When I'm playing PS3 game and run speedtest on my Iphone just to test it out. The game lags on PS3. I tried both adaptive qos and qos bandwidth?QOS sucks?

secondly did anybody have success on setting up iphone/android secondary WAN on verizon wireless? also the router doesn't recognize my iphone when I plug it on the router?

When I'm playing PS3 game and run speedtest on my Iphone just to test it out. The game lags on PS3. I tried both adaptive qos and qos bandwidth?QOS sucks?

secondly did anybody have success on setting up iphone/android secondary WAN on verizon wireless? also the router doesn't recognize my iphone when I plug it on the router?

Sounds like ISP buffer bloat.

I tried adaptive

is there such a thing? my old router can handle even if I run BitTorrent with no lag.

Probably only BB if you notice lag and latency ping issues when your connection is near max speed. I have comcast and they have very noticeable BB when the connection is maxed so i use adaptive QOS to keep the connection from maxing out works good and no more BB at the price of a very small portion of bandwidth.

Probably only BB if you notice lag and latency ping issues when your connection is near max speed. I have comcast and they have very noticeable BB when the connection is maxed so i use adaptive QOS to keep the connection from maxing out works good and no more BB at the price of a very small portion of bandwidth.

you are right lag kicks in when I reach peak download & upload on speed test. are you talking about the qos that has on option to set download and uploud?

you are right lag kicks in when I reach peak download & upload on speed test. are you talking about the qos that has on option to set download and uploud?

Yep just setting about 5 or 10 MBPS slower then your speed tier helps quite a bit to stop the BB. Also from what you describe it sounds like you to are experiencing BB it's not that uncommon and at least i know for a fact comcast is working on the issue but there probably wont be a solution until Docsis 3.1 starts rolling out in the near future.

If you want you can test for BB using the DSL Reports new speed test i think you need Chrome browser for the BB test to function not sure on that though i use Chrome here.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

467039.png

Before QOS.

473514.png

After QOS

Last edited:
Yep just setting about 5 or 10 MBPS slower then your speed tier helps quite a bit to stop the BB. Also from what you describe it sounds like you to are experiencing BB it's not that uncommon and at least i know for a fact comcast is working on the issue but there probably wont be a solution until Docsis 3.1 starts rolling out in the near future.

If you want you can test for BB using the DSL Reports new speed test i think you need Chrome browser for the BB test to function not sure on that though i use Chrome here.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

S

OK man I tried it, but it still lags my down/up is 50/10. I set set it at 45/5 as my qos settings but it still lags and I can't reach max down/up on speedtest.

I think turning off qos is better as long as im not hitting my isp max download & uploud

anyway anybody know how to connect iphone on router?