What's new

Asus AC1750 (RT-AC66U B1) doesn´t work

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ivan Drago

New Around Here
Hi.
I can´t get my Asus AC1750 (RT-AC66U B1) to work. My father bought this last year and it have been laying around. I came home now to fix it.

When powering it up holding the reset button the power LED lights for 15 sec and then turns off for 15 seconds and then again light up for 15 seconds. I thought this was recovery mode.

I tried holding WPS + Power. no luck
Reset + power to enter recovery mode. No luck connecting to it through 192.168.1.1 or with "firmware restoration". Firmware restorartion says "the wireless router is not i recovery mode"

If I power it on without doing anyhing the power LED goes black after 2 minutes.

How can I force a flash with the newest firmware on it?

Last edited:
You have to be somewhat patient with this as you don't always go into (CFE/Asus) recovery mode as quickly as you would want to. Try these things:

1. No other cables are attached to your router and PC-the only thing connecting them is the ethernet cable (I am hoping you are using port 1 on the router)

2. Turn WIFI on PC/laptop off (if applicable).

3. Make sure to assign your PC a static IP address (for example 192.168.1.10) while the gateway is 192.168.1.1 (subnet 255.255.255.0).

4. Turn your router off. Keep it off while you clear your PC's browser's cache and restart it.

5. While router is off press RESET button for 5-6 seconds then power ON while maintaining RESET button pressed for another 5-6 seconds. If the light flashes slowly (long pause off, then on for few seconds then off again) you should be in recovery mode.

6. While this is happening, open your browser and type 192.168.1.1. You should see the Asus Recovery page as soon as you hit enter. If that doesn't happen, don't give up just yet. Clear browser cache again and close it. Open up again and retype the gateway address. You may have to do this several times and you will eventually get a response from the router.

7. If this doesn't happen, then try the WPS method. While maintaining WPS button pressed power ON router. This time keep both buttons pressed for at least 1 minute (or even 2) and until all lights flash quickly. BE PATIENT when you are doing this. If this happens, then let lights flash for a while and turn router off.

8. Try to get the router in recovery mode by trying Step 5 above and by clearing your browser' cache.

9. Once in recovery mode, clear NVRAM and then flash with firmware file from Asus website.

Hope this helps. I think your router can be salvaged.

Marin

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!