What's new

Asus AC3100 link aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Leonardo Pereira

New Around Here
I bought the Asus AC3100 router. In Asus product site was saying this:

Link Aggregation, More Devices Go Faster
RT-AC3100 features Link Aggregation, which combines two teaming LAN ports (the 1st and 2nd port) into one superfast wired connection for up to 2 Gbps using two Gigabit Ethernet cables. With Link Aggregation enabled on your NAS, clients can unlock unprecedented transfer speeds.

Im a noob about network and I thought that I could, somehow, use two cables connected to the router and to my pc with an adapter or something.

The only way to use link aggregation is if I have a NAS?

Sorry about my dumb question.

Thanks.

No, you can use LACP with any device that has two Ethernet ports that support it.

But do know that any one device won't be faster (that is not how Link Aggregation works). ;)

That's bullbird, if you're creative you can find ways to increase bandwidth per device.

That's bullbird, if you're creative you can find ways to increase bandwidth per device.

Please, show us how it's possible to exceed hardware limits. :rolleyes:

Please, show us how it's possible to exceed hardware limits. :rolleyes:

Oh nice, I seem to recall rolling my eyes before. Was this a ploy to get me back? Is that how petty this is?

Whatever dude - stay in the dark for all I care. You seem like the prosumer type that just buys a lot of crap and then convinces themselves that they know everything there is to know so since you have no outlet in the real world you sit on a forum all day and tell people what to think to justify your own decisions in a sort of crazy validation mechanism for your rampant consumerism to either A: feel better about yourself or B: further an agenda fueled by corporations to influence people's purchasing decisions.

Op bro - read the RFC's on the tech you're using to know the limitations set forth and you'll find plenty of ways to increase bandwidth over your LAN.
Don't let these pessimists browbeat you into a broken pattern of what to think. Technology is meant to enable you not limit you.

Last edited:
Oh nice, I seem to recall rolling my eyes before. Was this a ploy to get me back? Is that how petty this is?

Whatever dude - stay in the dark for all I care.

Op bro - read the RFC's on the tech you're using to know the limitations set fourth and you'll find plenty of ways to increase bandwidth over your LAN.
Don't let these pessimists browbeat you into a broken pattern of what to think. Technology is meant to enable you not limit you.

Thanks for your non-answer. :)

Thanks for your non-answer. :)
You had one in the last thread. Don't try to mask what this really is. You get your payback so we're good right?

Not like it matters - the intellectual level of these threads is about as high as a 5th grader's science project where the kid didn't get any help from their parents.

Enjoy your life of lies - I hope I provided the perspective that you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

I'll show myself out.

You had one in the last thread. Don't try to mask what this really is. You get your payback so we're good right?

Not like it matters - the intellectual level of these threads is about as high as a 5th grader's science project where the kid didn't get any help from their parents.

Enjoy your life of lies - I hope I provided the perspective that you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

I'll show myself out.

If you're not here to help, I don't know why you're here at all.

Okay, I'll admit I'm pretty ignorant on the subject (LACP), but I want to learn.

You're remembering something that happened on another thread and still carry a 'grudge'? Baby, life is too short for that. ;)

I bought the Asus AC3100 router. In Asus product site was saying this:

Link Aggregation, More Devices Go Faster
RT-AC3100 features Link Aggregation, which combines two teaming LAN ports (the 1st and 2nd port) into one superfast wired connection for up to 2 Gbps using two Gigabit Ethernet cables. With Link Aggregation enabled on your NAS, clients can unlock unprecedented transfer speeds.

Im a noob about network and I thought that I could, somehow, use two cables connected to the router and to my pc with an adapter or something.

The only way to use link aggregation is if I have a NAS?

Sorry about my dumb question.

Thanks.
You can use it with a PC or whatever device with 2 ethernet ports that supports link aggregation

Note: If you have a PC with Intel LAN ports and Windows 10 forget it, because any Windows 10 (build older than 10240) does not support link aggregation.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!