What's new

ASUS AC3200 stuck to 100Mbs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stefsal

New Around Here
Dear all,

I am using the latest ASUS Merlin 383.4

I have an ASUS AC3200 connected to a fibre network modem (BT)
By Ethernet: Synology 216j, WD MyCloud (3 years old).
By wireless: Canon printer (Pixma 5450)

The GUI (ASUS-Merlin) reports that my Wi-Fi is limited to 100 Mb/s.
This is supported by the slow speed in transferring data wirelessly from my Apple MBP (2016). Transferring through Ethernet works perfectly well.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks and all the best

PS My apologiees if this has already been answered in the forum: I could not find it.

What type cable you use to connect 3200 TO modem ?

Thank you for your reply.

It is cat5E

The problem is slow wireless not the connection to the INternet whi goes at 65 MB/s (maximum is 80 Mb/s) which I think is pretty good.

The GUI (ASUS-Merlin) reports that my Wi-Fi is limited to 100 Mb/s.

where are you seeing this reported ?

What happens if you forget the connection on your iPhone and reconnect?

Hi,

The speed is also borne out by the speed of file transfer to my Synology NAS. My Mac is connected by Wireless; The NAS by Gigabit Ethernet port. All software is up-to-date.

Here is a screen capture of where I get the info from (no Wi-Fi device is using right now).
Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 12.08.32.png

BTW it is an iPad, not an iPhone. I tried it: no difference.

Is there any way I could switch off the 2.4 band?

Beg your pardon. Of course I meant Wireless.

Changing the LAN cable will affect WiFi? If so, how/ None the less I will change it.

Look at your image . That is the WAN (Ethernet )port that is restricted to 100Mbps . The lead between modem and router needs changing.

Oh Gosh. I have been pretty stupid, have I not? You are of course right. How could I misrerad it?

Anyway, my WiFi is still pretty slow when transferrinf files (ignore the WAN - please spare my blushes!)

Oh Gosh. I have been pretty stupid, have I not? You are of course right. How could I misrerad it?

Anyway, my WiFi is still pretty slow when transferrinf files (ignore the WAN - please spare my blushes!)

You can look at my thread here in reference to tweaking SMB for faster speeds.

The link state you see at 100mbs for the WAN could be caused by the modems capabilities. If its not gigabit capable.....:p

Fibre network modem , probably bad cable