What's new

ASUS AC66 wireless scheduler feature request

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zaphodbeeb

New Around Here
Hi,
Firstly, thanks for your work. Much appreciated.
Second, a new feature/enhancement request. Is it possible to be able to improve the "date to enable radio" function. I have 2 daughters who need to get their sleep (for school days) and internet access doesnt help. It would be great to be able to set access so that Sunday night to Thursday night the wireless network shuts down earlier that Friday and Saturday. This is not possible with the current wireless schedule functionality available

Many thanks.

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for your work. Much appreciated.
Second, a new feature/enhancement request. Is it possible to be able to improve the "date to enable radio" function. I have 2 daughters who need to get their sleep (for school days) and internet access doesnt help. It would be great to be able to set access so that Sunday night to Thursday night the wireless network shuts down earlier that Friday and Saturday. This is not possible with the current wireless schedule functionality available

Many thanks.

That's what Parental Control is for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe if the connection is already established than it won't break the current connection. There's a way to setup a job to restart the wireless through a cron job but I'm not sure how. A search or someone else with more savvy can respond.

I use Parental Controls on a 66U and find it very effective at allow/disallow Internet. I use it in conjunction with OpenDns and scheduling to turn on / off the wireless radio. It's not a complete solution but give me enough control. Once my kids are old enough to manage themselves it will be disabled.
A great feature would be to have scheduling of OpenDns