What's new

ASUS AC68U not taking any updates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonconnery

New Around Here
I have tried to update my firmware from 384.6_0 to 384.7_0 or 384.7_2 but none of them take.
To troubleshoot I have tried even flashing a downgrade to 384.5_0 but that does not take either....and in the effort to exhaust everything I was also not able to flash to stock asus firmware.

There is no errors that pop up and it seems to load fine and it gives me the waiting screen and goes to completion 100% but when I log in back to the asus-wrt merlin gui the firmware is still stuck at 384.6_0.

Any ideas to make my router take the update and have it stick?

Thanks in advance

I have tried to update my firmware from 384.6_0 to 384.7_0 or 384.7_2 but none of them take.
To troubleshoot I have tried even flashing a downgrade to 384.5_0 but that does not take either....and in the effort to exhaust everything I was also not able to flash to stock asus firmware.

There is no errors that pop up and it seems to load fine and it gives me the waiting screen and goes to completion 100% but when I log in back to the asus-wrt merlin gui the firmware is still stuck at 384.6_0.

Any ideas to make my router take the update and have it stick?

Thanks in advance
Remove all usb devices. Reboot and try again. If this doesn't work then you need to reset to defaults and upgrade with a minimal config.

I'm guessing it is not officially supported hardware. But if I mention the name my post gets held for approval. Has to do with a certain cell service provider who resells a rebranded ASUS RT-AC68U.

Last edited:
Yup you guys got it right. It is a rebranded tmo router. I did read the sticky but never had issues upgrading until the last 2 updates . I am in the market for a new router so this may be a good reason to look .thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!