What's new

Asus AC87-U AsusWRT-Merlin VPN Client stop working after few seconds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dimbert

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

This is my first post here and I hope you guys can help me out and maybe my post becomes useful for other users.

My problem is with VPN clients running in my Asus AC87-U. When I was using the original firmware, this option worked perfectly with L2TP and I leaved turned on almost all day long. But I don't wan't to go back to the original Firmware... The Merlin version is much better in a lot of ways.

I'm using IPVanish and already tried all the Setups (OpenVPN - PPTP - L2TP) with no success at all.

Just tried this link: https://vpntips.com/vpn-router-install/ for OpenVPN setup, but the problem is the same:

The VPN just works for a few seconds (10 to 40 secs). After that my internet becomes unaccessible.

I'm using two PPOe modens with a Dual-Wan Setup (Fail Over) with fallback (Delay =0, Interval=4, FailOver time=4, Failback time=396, WatchDog=Yes, Ping: www.google.com).

PS - The Status VPN shows a little traffic, but stops after the service stops working.

I hope my english is enough.

Tks in Advance Guys!
And tks Merlin for this great Firmware