What's new

Asus dapter and router issues under Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pierrerion

Occasional Visitor
Since upgrading my OS from Windows 8.1 to 10 yesterday, I have been experiencing a few issues with my home wifi network. I use an Asus RT-AC68U router and Asus PCE-AC68 adaptor on my desktop PC.

The first one, for which I posted under general NAS discussion here, (http://www.snbforums.com/threads/nas-access-denied-in-windows-10.26147/) is that I am denied access to my router attached hard drive, with correct credentials. Tried all sorts of trouble shooting but none worked. Under Win8.1 everything was fine.

The second one is that I am only getting a meager 13 Mbps bandwidth on this adapter after Windows 10, which used to run as fast as 500 to 1000 Mbps when used together with the RT-AC68U router. When I switched to the on-board N adapter the bandwidth went up to the expected range of any N adapter. I'm not sure if this is related to driver non-comparability or not. The newest version I can find on ASUS's website for PCE-68U is for Windows 8.1. This version worked perfectly under Win8.1, I don't see how Win10 is any different.

I'd really appreciate it if I can get some feedback and advice on what I should do for these 2 issues.

Since upgrading my OS from Windows 8.1 to 10 yesterday, I have been experiencing a few issues with my home wifi network. I use an Asus RT-AC68U router and Asus PCE-AC68 adaptor on my desktop PC.
The support website of Asus says the following:

Windows 10
Plug and Play Support
This client card (PCE-AC68) supports windows 10 plug and play. Do not need driver CD, driver is included in Windows 10. When the client card is inserted into a computer, Windows attempts to download and install the client card driver if it is not already available on the computer.

What could work:
Remove card from pc
Remove old driver (from Win 8.1)
Install card
Hopefully the Win10 driver is installed as written by Asus support.

The support website of Asus says the following:

Windows 10
Plug and Play Support
This client card (PCE-AC68) supports windows 10 plug and play. Do not need driver CD, driver is included in Windows 10. When the client card is inserted into a computer, Windows attempts to download and install the client card driver if it is not already available on the computer.

What could work:
Remove card from pc
Remove old driver (from Win 8.1)
Install card
Hopefully the Win10 driver is installed as written by Asus support.
Yeah I actually saw the same message from Asus. Strangely I did not find Win10 had any native driver for this adapter. In Device Manager it is unrecognized and asking Device Manager to find a driver automatically yields nothing. I tried deleting the Win8 driver, uninstalling the card and replugging, coupled with a few restarts in between and Win10 still doesn't recognize it.

Yeah I actually saw the same message from Asus. Strangely I did not find Win10 had any native driver for this adapter. In Device Manager it is unrecognized and asking Device Manager to find a driver automatically yields nothing. I tried deleting the Win8 driver, uninstalling the card and replugging, coupled with a few restarts in between and Win10 still doesn't recognize it.
... than contact Asus Support as they seem wrong ..., or it is too early day ;-)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!