What's new

Asus dapter and router issues under Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pierrerion

Occasional Visitor
Since upgrading my OS from Windows 8.1 to 10 yesterday, I have been experiencing a few issues with my home wifi network. I use an Asus RT-AC68U router and Asus PCE-AC68 adaptor on my desktop PC.

The first one, for which I posted under general NAS discussion here, (http://www.snbforums.com/threads/nas-access-denied-in-windows-10.26147/) is that I am denied access to my router attached hard drive, with correct credentials. Tried all sorts of trouble shooting but none worked. Under Win8.1 everything was fine.

The second one is that I am only getting a meager 13 Mbps bandwidth on this adapter after Windows 10, which used to run as fast as 500 to 1000 Mbps when used together with the RT-AC68U router. When I switched to the on-board N adapter the bandwidth went up to the expected range of any N adapter. I'm not sure if this is related to driver non-comparability or not. The newest version I can find on ASUS's website for PCE-68U is for Windows 8.1. This version worked perfectly under Win8.1, I don't see how Win10 is any different.

I'd really appreciate it if I can get some feedback and advice on what I should do for these 2 issues.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver, with a full shutdown of the computer and physical removal of the device followed by a couple of reboots afterwards.

Now, re-install the driver and test again.

I have a HP laptop that i use a Netgear WNDA-4100 duel band usb wifi adapter these have worked great for years always full speeds over wifi. When i tried Windows 10 my wifi speeds tanked and became very unstable there is no new driver from Netgear for Win 10. I am not spending money to buy new adapters so i just downgraded back to my trusty Win 7 and every thing is back to normal blazing fast wifi 90/12.

If you google you will find many people with slow wifi after the 10 upgrade. Personally i dont care for 10 common things that were a simple click away in win 7 is buried and hard to find in win 10 and i see no noticable improvements. Good Luck...

I have a HP laptop that i use a Netgear WNDA-4100 duel band usb wifi adapter these have worked great for years always full speeds over wifi. When i tried Windows 10 my wifi speeds tanked and became very unstable there is no new driver from Netgear for Win 10.

The win 8.1 driver (1.2.0.13) supports Win 10.

Attachments

• wnda4100.JPG
    wnda4100.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 434
Interesting that was not on there site yesterday morning. All it had was the driver for Win 8 and that was very unstable on win 10 my speeds kept going up the down all over the palce. In win 7 its rock solid. Maybe i should try again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!