What's new

ASUS DSL AC-68U big problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frankidem

Occasional Visitor
I have a big problem with my asus dsl ac-68u .The device restarts on its own and many times never comes back to "life" until i press the on/off button. Please help.Attached you can find logs

Attachments

• syslog(1).txt
    324.9 KB · Views: 436
I did factory reset and nvram clean no result.
I try another power adapter but nothing the problem is still here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Fried it? How I can fried it? No I have it 3 years

power surge , lightning , brown outs etc etc , if its 3 years old its no longer under warranty and its prob time for a new one

its one of the reasons i prefer a separate cheap bridged modem and a separate better wireless router , if you get phone line surges the cheap bridge modem takes the hit and leave your expensive wireless router alone

I do not think is fried I downgrade the firmware and the problem frequency of the restarts is not the same.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I do not think is fried I downgrade the firmware and the problem frequency of the restarts is not the same.

it shouldnt restart at all , so there is something wrong , ether its over heating or a memory leak or a power supply issue but its not normal , it may not be a brick but its pretty useless if it reboots all the time

The DSL-AC68U is well known in the UK for having a notoriously unstable xDSL modem (Mediatek) so this could be your source of your issue if you are using the modem component on this router. I would bin it and get a Broadcom or Lantiq based modem router such as Asus DSL-AC88U, Netgear D7800, Tplink VR900 etc.

The DSL-AC68U is well known in the UK for having a notoriously unstable xDSL modem (Mediatek) so this could be your source of your issue if you are using the modem component on this router.

perhaps on long adsl lines over 2.5km , but on shorter lines its fine

I would bin it

really !!!

Netgear D7800

thats problematic in both its modem and wifi

Tplink VR900 etc.

pass , its a tp link and its poor gui and security coding

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!