What's new

Asus DSL-AC52U conectivity issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gus Ellerm

New Around Here
I bought the Asus DSL-AC52U modem-router yesterday. Installing it was easy but within the first hour of usage all devices disconnected from the internet. It took 15 or so seconds for it to stabilise and the devices where able to access the internet again. This continues to happen; any help is much appreciated.

Here is the general log entry from that time - http://pastebin.com/jcpihZRJ
Thanks for the help

update - It is happing faster now, perhaps every 30m

hi , what type of internet are you using adsl or vdsl ?

plz post the dsl stats from the administration / dsl stats section

the asus has a mediatek chipset that doesnt do well on long lines from the exchange

Am on adsl at the moment.
Hope by stats you mean the DSL settings for adsl. I have attached a snap of those settings.

edit - I also found DSL Log which has some DSL Information that might be usefull

Attachments

• DSL-adsl.PNG
    DSL-adsl.PNG
    297 KB · Views: 921
  • DSL stats.PNG
    DSL stats.PNG
    357.2 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
hi , what type of internet are you using adsl or vdsl ?

plz post the dsl stats from the administration / dsl stats section

the asus has a mediatek chipset that doesnt do well on long lines from the exchange
Im using adsl, are these the stats you are looking for?

Attachments

• DSL stats.PNG
    DSL stats.PNG
    357.2 KB · Views: 762
I bought the Asus DSL-AC52U modem-router yesterday. Installing it was easy but within the first hour of usage all devices disconnected from the internet. It took 15 or so seconds for it to stabilise and the devices where able to access the internet again. This continues to happen; any help is much appreciated.

Contact your ISP, they may need to provision the device...

Will give it a shot thanks

Have things like MAC addresses and Serial Numbers handy, as they may need this info - should be printed on a label on the device, as well as on the package it shipped in.

Im using adsl, are these the stats you are looking for?

it fine and connected so you wont need to contact your isp atm

at 24 db attenuation your pretty close to the exchange your speeds are a little low for the attenuation but not a lot slow

for 13 hours uptime the crc is fine , so there is no reason the modem is causing the issue

it fine and connected so you wont need to contact your isp atm

at 24 db attenuation your pretty close to the exchange your speeds are a little low for the attenuation but not a lot slow

for 13 hours uptime the crc is fine , so there is no reason the modem is causing the issue

So the isp is not the issue but there is no reason the modem is causing the issue, what does that leave? I don’t think it is the router because even when connect via Ethernet the device loses signal to the internet.

Have things like MAC addresses and Serial Numbers handy, as they may need this info - should be printed on a label on the device, as well as on the package it shipped in.
Just contacted my isp, they say that nothing much can be done on their end and gave me the config for the adsl settings, not very usefull. Any other sugestions?

Just contacted my isp, they say that nothing much can be done on their end and gave me the config for the adsl settings, not very usefull. Any other sugestions?

Not good, and I'm on cable, so not much help there :(

Best thing I can suggest is review all the settings and see what can be done there.

Not much chance of 3rd party firmware due to the DSL modem side of that device, so pretty much stuck with whatever Asus provides there.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!