What's new

Asus GT-AX11000: DL OFDMA Only vs DL/UL OFDMA vs DL/UL OFDMA + MI-MUMO

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BiggShooter

Regular Contributor
I'm hoping to get some clarification on which is best to use. I noticed the default setting is 'DL OFDMA Only'. Is this the best setting? Or, should I switch it to another setting? I do have 'Smart Connect' enabled, thus allowing one SSID for all wireless radios.

Thanks for the help.

The one that works the best for your client devices and WiFi environment too. :)

Test each for an extended period, after changing the options you want to use and then rebooting the router/network. Keep good notes and have at least a few 'identically' reproducible tests to compare across the options.

Then, come back and tell us your findings with the important details of your set up so we can test/confirm what you have done too.

I wouldn`t waste time on this, and just keep it disabled.

OFDMA affects Wi-Fi 6 devices only. You need at least two in simultaneous use to see any effect. The Smart Connect affects client band selection. OFDMA is entirely different.

I've done extensive OFDMA testing and find no significant and consistent improvement from any OFDMA setting. Follow the link in RMerlin's post above for details.

I'm hoping to get some clarification on which is best to use. I noticed the default setting is 'DL OFDMA Only'. Is this the best setting? Or, should I switch it to another setting? I do have 'Smart Connect' enabled, thus allowing one SSID for all wireless radios.

Thanks for the help.

fyi: Smart Connect isn't necessary when using the same SSID on both bands. ime, SC causes more problems and connection instability. simply use the same SSID & password for both 2.4 and 5GHz, done.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!