What's new

ASUS GT-AX11000 new firmware 3.0.0.4.386.41700 issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shiang

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, I am getting this message appear in my log after upgrading the new version firmware.

Jan 21 17:36:33 kernel:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip

During this time there is only one device, samsung Note 20 ultra connected to the mesh node 5.2GHz( GT-AC5300). Which the GT-AC5300 was connected via wired to the AX11000 in the living room., Ethernet Backhaul Mode enabled. any advice? Thank you.

Search is your friend. This one is on the house. :)

Maybe you should not look at the log. Neither event you reported indicated trouble. Just background events going on the system wrote to the log.

The error and issues you are seeing is currently due to the GT-AC5300 does not currently have the 386 firmware. It is still on the 384.xxxx firmware revision. The GT-AX11000 recently received the RTM stable version of the 386 firmware and has new features and bug fixes, including AiMesh 2.0. Since the GT/RT-AC5300 routers are on the older firmware, they will not support all features, and you may see an error in the log, when they talk to each other in AiMesh mode.

The error and issues you are seeing is currently due to the GT-AC5300 does not currently have the 386 firmware. It is still on the 384.xxxx firmware revision. The GT-AX11000 recently received the RTM stable version of the 386 firmware and has new features and bug fixes, including AiMesh 2.0. Since the GT/RT-AC5300 routers are on the older firmware, they will not support all features, and you may see an error in the log, when they talk to each other in AiMesh mode.
I use my GT-AX11000 as point and the RT-AC5300 as the mesh node. I did not download the new upgrade for the GT-AX11000. I have read several have had problems with these two as the network, mostly with the AC5300. Based on your comment, I think you are right, I am going to wait for ASUS to send out an upgrade for the 5300 before upgrading the 11000 new firmware.

I use my GT-AX11000 as point and the RT-AC5300 as the mesh node. I did not download the new upgrade for the GT-AX11000. I have read several have had problems with these two as the network, mostly with the AC5300. Based on your comment, I think you are right, I am going to wait for ASUS to send out an upgrade for the 5300 before upgrading the 11000 new firmware.
I do not have an RT-AC5300 to replicate the issues you are experiencing, but I do know there was issues if you were using the 386 firmware with AiMesh 2.0 and added a router on the older 384 firmware. They would not talk correctly. I have been using the 386 RTM firmware from Asus since they launched it on both my AX11000 and AC3100 routers, and works superbly. No issues or down time. Just now tweaking it further. I have the GT-AX11000 running in access point mode and connected into my 24 port Switch in LAGG/Bonded mode to give a total to 2Gbps bandwidth. I also have my RT-AC3100 wired and plugged directly into the 24 port switch too as an AiMesh Node to my GT-AX11000. I have an OpnSense Firewall Router providing all the internet, IP addresses, etc. into the house. Been no issues at all in the configuration I have everything.

I do not have an RT-AC5300 to replicate the issues you are experiencing, but I do know there was issues if you were using the 386 firmware with AiMesh 2.0 and added a router on the older 384 firmware. They would not talk correctly. I have been using the 386 RTM firmware from Asus since they launched it on both my AX11000 and AC3100 routers, and works superbly. No issues or down time. Just now tweaking it further. I have the GT-AX11000 running in access point mode and connected into my 24 port Switch in LAGG/Bonded mode to give a total to 2Gbps bandwidth. I also have my RT-AC3100 wired and plugged directly into the 24 port switch too as an AiMesh Node to my GT-AX11000. I have an OpnSense Firewall Router providing all the internet, IP addresses, etc. into the house. Been no issues at all in the configuration I have everything.
I was just commenting on what others were having problems with. I am not having that problem since I have not run an update for the reasons I read and will wait. Thank you.

I was just commenting on what others were having problems with. I am not having that problem since I have not run an update for the reasons I read and will wait. Thank you.
Not a problem, I cannot say I have had any issues with the RTM builds, but the Beta builds could be at times nightmarish. I really think there is nothing to worry about if you can put the RTM build of the 386 firmware on both routers. The AX11000 is as stable as ever on that firmware, and the 386 actually resolved a few minor issues I was experiencing with the 384 firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!