What's new

ASUS N66R with Astrill applet trouble

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Steeed20

New Around Here
I have an ASUS N66R router with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, version 378.53. A few weeks ago I installed the Astrill VPN applet according to the instructions here.

Earlier this week, the Astrill applet no longer showed up on the router user-interface. So I tried to reinstall with the same instructions, but had no success. Next, I reinstalled the standard Asus firmware, then reloaded the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware. With the new Merlin firmware I tried to add the applet again, but still it failed.

The applet install fails when I use the Command Window. I can successfully log in to the router. When I run the code from the Astrill Router Setup page (https://members.astrill.com/router-setup.php) it immediately gives me another '...\root#'. A screenshot of the Command Window is attached (hopefully)...

Today, I tried to downgrade my firmware version, but it still gives me the same result. Any ideas???

Attachments

• Command Window Screenshot.JPG
    Command Window Screenshot.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 617