What's new

Asus N66U can't connect to 2.4ghz but 5ghz ok

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Aedek

New Around Here
Hi there,

I have searched this forum for this type of issue and tried all the trouble shooting tips that I read but nothing has worked. So im posting in hopes that I can get some help figuring out this problem.

Here is a rundown of my current network configuration and hardware used.

Hitron cgn3acr modem set to bridge mode, connected to Asus AC66U in Wireless router mode(FW Merlin 380.58) both 2.4ghz and 5ghz and working without issues. Connected to the AC66U, 2 wired connections and the N66U in wireless repeater mode connected via 5ghz wireless. The AC66U is at the front upstairs office where the ISP line comes in and the N66U is downstairs at the back of the house so that we would get WiFi around the pool and a stream box in the family room.

N66U(FW Merlin 380.58) is connected to AC66U @ 243 - 300 mbps. For some reason the 2.4ghz band will disconnect anything connected to it and if you try to reconnect you will get a Password incorrect error. The 5ghz still works without issues and you can connect and stay connected. AC66U is not effected.