What's new

ASUS PCE-AC88 destroys my internet connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unbalanced

New Around Here
Hi everyone

I've tried many things but cannot solve the problem.

I have a desktop computer and bought ASUS PCE-AC88. I am living in Switzerland and using Salt as internet provider. And I use their own made router https://fiber.salt.ch/en/box-en/

My problem is very weird.. When I start my computer and connect my wifi network, other connected devices and my computer have connection problem. Somehow all connections cut for a while (5-10 seconds) and then it works but after a few minute later I have the same problem. Its like a loop. But when I disconnect my wifi, then everything works.

In this case, the suspicious one is asus device. It seems that, it absorves all wifi signals and not other devices use.. but it cannot also use..

Let me clearer; My wifi connection cut but it seems it connected still. how I understand i am disconnected? I try to access the router's website, it does not work. and try to ping to router and no answer.. but after 10-20 seconds later, i can ping and connect router webpage.

I am thinking it may be related wih frequncy or channel. But I did not find any configuration regarding it. I have 10 gbit internet, thats why I bought such an expensive device but result is horrible. I drives me really crayz.. I do not want to use my computer anymore because of the internet problem

I am adding here some settings of the router.
PS: I've tried with 2.4 and 5ghz, result is the same. But there is one interesting thing. My 5ghz wifi is not showing in the wireless even its enabled. Sometimes it appears but mostly not.. I tried to restart the router but still same.

Its really weird.. I want to say that the router has problem but it has not until I use my computer.. Somehow my router and asus device do not fall in love..

I am using Windows 10 pro x64

res2-png.64616

res3-png.64617

res4-png.64618

res5-png.64619

thank you

Edit:

I've looked the connection status in the task manager. As you can see, on the red rectangle, there is no connection while I was updating my windows...

ZmY7Udg.png

Last edited:
dont have issue with my PCE-AC88, except when it's struggle to roam between ai-mesh node.

I will make sure you have the latest driver first, download from their website, not just from their CD.
I would assume you did that, but does not hurt to double check.

You can try a different PCE slot for the card as well, it might sometimes help the issue.

You also mentioned that you are not able to see 5Ghz
Assuming it's not too far away and you have properly connect the antenna, I think you might have just gotten a lemon.
I will go ahead and replace it from the vendor.

Last edited:
dont have issue with my PCE-AC88, except when it's struggle to roam between ai-mesh node.

I will make sure you have the latest driver first, download from their website, not just from their CD.
I would assume you did that, but does not hurt to double check.

You can try a different PCE slot for the card as well, it might sometimes help the issue.

You also mentioned that you are not able to see 5Ghz
Assuming it's not too far away and you have properly connect the antenna, I think you might have just gotten a lemon.
I will go ahead and replace it from the vendor.

Hello indark,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, actually I did not use the CD as I remember and downloaded drivers from their website but i'll check. but I do not think that it is related with neither driver nor slot.

I've tested something. I opened my phone's hotspot and connected with my comp. and it worked without disconnecting... Somehow there is problem with this router. My router is in the next room and my phone and macbook can use the wifi without problem. I just believe that there is something regarding the configuration and it causes this problem.

Hello indark,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, actually I did not use the CD as I remember and downloaded drivers from their website but i'll check. but I do not think that it is related with neither driver nor slot.

I've tested something. I opened my phone's hotspot and connected with my comp. and it worked without disconnecting... Somehow there is problem with this router. My router is in the next room and my phone and macbook can use the wifi without problem. I just believe that there is something regarding the configuration and it causes this problem.
here is what the setting look like on my Asus router, a quick glance shows there do not have much difference.
wifi mode & channel are the 2 thing i change manually. It does not affect the ability for pce-ac88 seeing 5Ghz though. but maybe setting a fixed channel can help on the connection
wifi.png

Have you tried to copy the 5Ghz setting from the wifi hotspot to your router? like ssid/password? see if it help the ac88 connect to your router easily?
sometimes special char (* @ / ! .. etc) used in ssid/password can cause issue. So try to use simpler alphanumeric can help.

if it does not help, maybe try to see if there is a firmware update for your router?
I dont know how easy it is to factory reset the router and manually reconfigure it, which is what I normally suggest, you can also try that.

Attachments

• wifi.png
    wifi.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 779
Last edited:
here is what the setting look like on my Asus router, a quick glance shows there do not have much difference.
wifi mode & channel are the 2 thing i change manually. It does not affect the ability for pce-ac88 seeing 5Ghz though. but maybe setting a fixed channel can help on the connection
View attachment 16345

Have you tried to copy the 5Ghz setting from the wifi hotspot to your router? like ssid/password? see if it help the ac88 connect to your router easily?
sometimes special char (* @ / ! .. etc) used in ssid/password can cause issue. So try to use simpler alphanumeric can help.

if it does not help, maybe try to see if there is a firmware update for your router?
I dont know how easy it is to factory reset the router and manually reconfigure it, which is what I normally suggest, you can also try that.

Thank you for your answer.

My ssid and password are OK. The probem seems to be solved..

I've created a guest wifi from 2.4 and 5ghz (I cannot see 5hz guest I think because of the main 5ghz is not visible). So I connected it and it works..
I've also connected my phone to this guest network and seems both work at the same time..

Somehow there is problem in the main network.. I dont understand. I think I will call the ISP and let me test it..

EDIT: After I wrote this message, it did not work again.. So I turned off my mobile's wifi and ony my computer connected to this guest network.. seems fine for now..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!