What's new

Asus router will not connect to the internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matsa

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I have an ASUS RC-3200 with Merlin 384.14. All of a sudden the internet is not working and I have not been doing any changes to the router. Login into the router works fine.

So what shall I do now?

Hi,
I have an ASUS RC-3200 with Merlin 384.14. All of a sudden the internet is not working and I have not been doing any changes to the router. Login into the router works fine.

So what shall I do now?
Do you connect using DHCP?
Then try rebooting your internet modem and your router

Enviado desde mi moto g(8) plus mediante Tapatalk

If you have a PC with a NIC, connect it directly to your modem and see if you can connect with the router out of the architecture.

So what shall I do now?
Did you forget to pay the monthly bill to your ISP? Lol

Seriously though, can you provide any error messages, logs, screen shots,... Details about what other equipment you are using, service type, etc would be helpful.

Do you connect using DHCP?
Then try rebooting your internet modem and your router

Enviado desde mi moto g(8) plus mediante Tapatalk

Yes, I am using DHCP and I have rebooted both my ASUS and modem/router from my Host. I am thinking to reset the ASUS and install from backup again. Some units work with the ASUS and some don't.

Look for relevant entries in the syslog first, there might be a simple reason and solution for your connectivity problem.

Look for relevant entries in the syslog first, there might be a simple reason and solution for your connectivity problem.

This is the log when I loggen in to ASUS and internet is not working for this unit (Macbook Pro)

Dec 11 23:56:01 acsd: acs_set_chspec: 0xe12a (40/80) for reason APCS_CSTIMER
Dec 11 23:57:53 dnsmasq-dhcp[258]: DHCPDISCOVER(br0) f0:18:98:47:fa:79
Dec 11 23:57:53 dnsmasq-dhcp[258]: DHCPOFFER(br0) 192.168.1.241 f0:18:98:47:fa:79
Dec 11 23:57:54 dnsmasq-dhcp[258]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.241 f0:18:98:47:fa:79
Dec 11 23:57:54 dnsmasq-dhcp[258]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.241 f0:18:98:47:fa:79 Mats-MBP

We'd have to see a lot more of the log file than that, particularly the part where it attempts to bring up the WAN interface.

Did you contact your ISP about this, or look at the cable modem's log file? It could simply be an ISP issue.

We'd have to see a lot more of the log file than that, particularly the part where it attempts to bring up the WAN interface.

Did you contact your ISP about this, or look at the cable modem's log file? It could simply be an ISP issue.

It can't be an ISP issue I believe as most of my units connects but my MBP (Wireless) and one of my Apple TV (wired). The problem just occurred yesterday and is so weird.

Hi, Can you send some screen shot of the web Gui perhaps. And is the led's lighting normal. How does wan led look?

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

It can't be an ISP issue I believe as most of my units connects but my MBP (Wireless) and one of my Apple TV (wired). The problem just occurred yesterday and is so weird.
OK, my mistake. I thought it was effecting everything. So it's only effecting these two devices?

I just made a reset and when the router is in default mode I can use the internet. But when I restore a 1-year-old config file it stops working again o_O

@Matsa, same router? Same firmware you created the backup Config file with?

But when I restore a 1-year-old config file it stops working again o_O
Have you tried re-entering the configuration manually instead of using an old config file that was (probably) saved from a completely different FW?

Have you tried re-entering the configuration manually instead of using an old config file that was (probably) saved from a completely different FW?

No, I haven't tried that as there is a lot. And no, the config file is from the same router.

Same firmware too?

And no, the config file is from the same router.
Same router, but was it from the same Firmware version (which would be impossible since 384.14 is only a few days old)? In any case, it is worth doing.

Last edited:
Hi,

So what shall I do now?

If WAN is showing connected, try turning firewall off/on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!