What's new

ASUS RT-68P VPN Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarkT

New Around Here
I have installed a new Asus RT-AC68P router on one of my static IP addresses. After setting up the VPN irt connects fine, but, none of the computers on the network are viable to the computer logging on the VPN off site. Have tried a range of "fixes" without success. The router indicates the person is logged in successfully, but, can't go to any of the resources on the internal network. Can anyone point me to some possible solutions. Thanks in advance.

Make sure the client runs with elevated privileges, so it can establish the route. Also, the option to push LAN routes must be enabled.

Finally, make sure the firewall on your LAN devices allow the subnet used by your VPN clients (most likely 10.8.0.0/24).

Make sure the client runs with elevated privileges, so it can establish the route. Also, the option to push LAN routes must be enabled.

Finally, make sure the firewall on your LAN devices allow the subnet used by your VPN clients (most likely 10.8.0.0/24).

I only have one computer on the network. A Dell Server running 2008 R2. I have shared a particular file that needs to be shared off site. I this going to pose a problem?

I only have one computer on the network. A Dell Server running 2008 R2. I have shared a particular file that needs to be shared off site. I this going to pose a problem?

Not if you make sure that the client runs with sufficient privileges to add the additional route, and you configure the server firewall to open the VPN tunnel's subnet.