What's new

Asus RT-AC1200G+ any way to extract/push to a server the bandwidth values?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ovidiu Sopa

New Around Here
Hello guys,

I just purchased an Asus router and I like it so far (I have some issues , sometimes websites lag and I see only the status message Resolving host for seconds ..than sometimes a blank page with an error shows, if I refresh it loads it imediately .. but I will open a new thread for this issue)

I'm working on a personal dashboard as I like monitoring all kind of devices in my house / office / workshop, I started with simple temperature sensors, than AC voltage and energy consumption, now with this router after I seen it already has bandwidth measurements in it's web interface, I was thinking if there is a way to push the bandwidth information I see in the web interface charts.

I have an BananaPi as a server in my office, all the sensors I have, mostly ESP8266 devices, are sending the sensor values each minute ..or at 5 minutes depending on the sensor, it's basically accessing an url hosted on the bananapi that looks like this :

http://192.168.1.40/push.php?temperature=23.5&humidity=43

On some other raspberryPi's I have around my home, I setup an bash script to push the informations I needed. On Windows PC I did the same, an batch script setup in task scheduler to run every 5 minutes.

Anyone around to give me some help on how I could get those informations out from the router? Either by setting up the router to push (crontab is not installed as I seen) or by somehow to get those informations using a script that connects to the router.

Any advices are welcome.

Here is a video with the dashboard I work on.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!