What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200/AC68U/AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

reddevil0728

Regular Contributor
According to their respective manuals, the package contents include "Network cable (RJ-45)".

Can someone advise if they are all CAT 6?

According to their respective manuals, the package contents include "Network cable (RJ-45)".

Never used to the cable out of the box. Never trusted a vendor provided cable. In my case it was a cat5e cable in the box.

AC87 and AC3200 ship with a pretty good Cat 5e cable (it's quite thick, with the RJ-45 connector showing some metal shielding along its sides).

Previous models shipped with cheaper Cat5e cables, some of them (like the AC66) were a flat cable which looked poorly shielded to me. Can't remember which cable shipped with the AC68.

All my ASUS routers (except N66U) came with CAT6 cables, US Cat5E and EU Cat6?

N18U (CAT6), N66U (CAT5E), AC68U (CAT6), AC87U (CAT6), AC3200U (CAT6)

Last edited:
All my ASUS routers (except N66U) came with CAT6 cables, US Cat5E and EU Cat6?

N18U (CAT6), N66U (CAT5E), AC68U (CAT6), AC87U (CAT6), AC3200U (CAT6)

I'd be surprised if it varied by regions, I might have gotten a different cable when Asus shipped me a sample. I only checked the one that was in the drawer next to me, it came with one of the most recent routers, not sure which one.

Why are they providing shield rj45 connectors when the router itself is not ground shielded? or am I missing something? I am guessing the metal side is just that, the shield?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!