What's new

Asus RT-AC3200: Traffic Analyzer broken in _4149?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Enzo

Occasional Visitor
Looking for some help/confirmation

Just out of box 3200

Traffic Analyzer screen indicates (w/ Sample data, cuz off by default) that per app stats can be analyzed, i.e. YouTube, Dropbox, etc...

Once it's turned on and I select=> Display for: Router [Apps]
All I see is all traffic clumped in "General"

Anyone else seeing this? on latest FM: _4149?
Have I enabled some other feature which breaks/disables this?

Thanks
Enzo

Do you have AiProtection on? Because it uses Trend Micro's DPI engine to analyze traffic, if not it will see all as general.
Also consider that any encrypted traffic will be classified as general.

Replied through Tapatalk

Yes, but I've noticed per my experience and per ASUS notes that some encrypted traffic goes under general.
Merlin also confirmed that when I asked him too

Replied through Tapatalk

I'm using the latest stock firmware, I have the traffic analyzer enabled, but there is zero activity showing no matter what I do. 0%, 0 current, 0 daily

ok, so I guess the traffic only updates on the hour, but why dont I see the currenty traffic? and what is the used % for?

I'm using the latest stock firmware, I have the traffic analyzer enabled, but there is zero activity showing no matter what I do. 0%, 0 current, 0 daily
That's because you need to enable AiProtection if you are going to use Smart QoS and Traffic Analyzer.
It uses Trend Micro's DPI engine

Replied through Tapatalk

I have some stats going now. With smart QOS though, my line 100mbps/5mps and when I enable this my entire connection gets really laggy. QOS off and everything is snappy.

I have a similar problem with the same router (RT-AC3200). I have enabled QoS (Enable Smart Qos = ON), Apps analysis = ON and at Statistics I have set Traffic Analyzer - Statistic to ON. I can't see any clients and and no data has been consumed. At tab "traffic Monitor" I can se diagrams of data, but not under tab "Statistic". What have i done wrong? All settings under "AiProtection" are set to ON also. I have firmware: 3.0.0.4.378_7838.

snap_shot.JPG

Last edited:
I have a similar problem with the same router (RT-AC3200). I have enabled QoS (Enable Smart Qos = ON), Apps analysis = ON and at Statistics I have set Traffic Analyzer - Stastic to ON. I can't see any clients and and no data has been consumed. At tab "traffic Monitor" I can se diagrams of data, but not under tab "Stastic". What have i done wrong? All settings under "AiProtection" are set to ON also. I have firmware: 3.0.0.4.378_7838.

View attachment 4368
Same for me..........

Lol, sorry I was a bit tired when I typed that. I meant to ask where we could find the beta to download and try.

Make sure your time is right. On my AC-68u I found the system time was wrong and it wouldn't sync to ntp, so I had to go in with telnet and set the correct date. Then it worked fine.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!