What's new

ASUS RT AC3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kk74

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT AC3200.
I have flashed tomato firmware Shibby v1.28. This allows me to connect smart DNS and VPN at the same time but for some reason on the build this router access restrictions do no work while the VPN is running. I had tomato on a linksys E1200 and it could do all this.

I flashed Merlin firmware but this does not allow a vpn and smart dns to run at the same time, same with stock ASUS firmware. Has anyone had this experience.....I use smart DNS to access netflix in different regions and a VPN for security.....so frustrating how a $50 router kicks the pants off a $400 router....

I dont know where you found a shibby firmware for the AC3200 but thats cool :)
The Shibby firmware is probably beta and you should bug him about that bug.
I think you can achieve the same thing with merlin firmware.
you can enable up to 5 VPN which give you geometric access and have selective routing enabled where you can easily give a specific device in your network access to a netflix geometic and your other devices could be on Local ISP or some other VPN