What's new

Asus RT Ac3200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

toledorick

New Around Here
Hello everyone, I am in need of some small help. I am having some difficulties with me Asus RT AC 3200. I would say that it is currently working fine. All my devices connect, well most of them. Here is where the problem lies. I bought 2 Mitsubishi Kumo Cloud Adapters (Model: PAC-USWHS002-WF-2). This unit connect directly to my Mitsubishi Wall Unit Ductless system. And I would be able to control my unit wirelessly with the Kumo app. This unit can only connect to 2.4Ghz. When I go thru the process to get them install and found within the app. At one point they need to connect to my network. They see my network and I would enter the correct password. But for some reason they cannot connect. I made sure that both the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz have different passwords and SSID names. In hope to help the situation, I would then go to Asus Ip site and radio silence both 5Ghz and leave only the 2.4Ghz. Now here is the problem, the moment I radio silence the 5Ghzs, the 2.4Ghz would not work. Nothing would connect. All my devices would lose connection and they cant not connect.

To test a theory, thinking that the problem were the Kumo Adapters, I bought a cheap Linksys only 2.4Ghz. I set it up and both Kumo adapters were able to connect and I was able to control my unit via the app. So, the adapters are not the problem but the Asus.

What can I do? and I cant use the Linksys for everything because is a cheap weak router for the house and current setup.

Thanks in advance.

As a *router*, the Linksys may in fact be a weak solution. But you could use it as just an AP w/ your ASUS router, and thus retain the strengths of the ASUS router for all other purposes.

I would still be curious why the ASUS is having problems, but at least as a temporary solution, that would seem a viable workaround.

BTW, found the following link which suggests this is a KNOWN problem (check out the various comments).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VBZRB8T/?tag=snbforums-20

@eibgrad, that link leads to 'nonsense' amazon products.

A copy/paste post is much more useful from Amazon. Too many different sites to link properly to.

everyone has good suggestions. Thanks alot. I would give this a try. I truly do love this router (ASUS) and i just dont want to be buying a new one just for this adapter only to know that there was a simpler solution. I would admit. I am tempted to get the AC5300.

The RT-AC5300 isn't a recommended buy today when the RT-AX68U (and better, the RT-AX86U) is available.

The AC3200 is getting a bit old and firmware updates may be coming to an end soon. However, I have noticed that some IoT enabled devices like thermostats and possibly your heating systems can not use WPA2 encryption. This may be the reason the "other" 2.4 GHz router worked. A way around this is to set up a guest WIFI on the 2.4 GHz band and just use WPA encryption. You may need to enable intranet access but maybe not. This is what I do with some of my IoT clients and older WIFI devices.
Good luck!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!