What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 AI-Mesh Node Shutting down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Venom

New Around Here
Hi all,
I have two Asus RT-AC5300 Routers. One in my home office and one in my workshop. The workshop is in a separate building about 200 feet away. The main Router is in my office and the node is in the workshop. I ran Cat 6 cable to the workshop, so the AI Mesh node is hardwired. Both routers are running stock Asus Firmware Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_81981. I have had this set up running for about 9 months and the node has never been stable. Sometimes it stays up for weeks, sometimes it goes down multiple times in a day. At first I thought it may be to hot in the shop. But the temps it is running on the board seem to fall into the same area that everyone reports. I put a cooling fan on it anyway. Then I put a new power supply on it. I know people have had plenty of problems with this particular router. But I never seem to see any solutions... I have put them back to factory and then reconfigured them many times. Anybody have any ideas on where to troubleshoot?
Thanks for any help