What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7378 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spawn32

Occasional Visitor
Found it under "Vista" on the download page :)

Was hoping for the 382 branch, still interested in testing it if someone wants to pm me :D

/Spawn

Last edited:
Yes, seems stable, the wan disconnect problem is also gone, and for some reason i feel loading web pages seems much snappier ?

/Spawn

The only issue I'm seeing right now is with my Twitch app on my Fire TV. Getting some "Network error. Please try again later." but I'm able to stream and it seems random. I've tried a few things but nothing has fixed it thus far.

The only issue I'm seeing right now is with my Twitch app on my Fire TV. Getting some "Network error. Please try again later." but I'm able to stream and it seems random. I've tried a few things but nothing has fixed it thus far.

I turned off airtime fairness and MU-MIMO on each of the radio bands and so far the problem has gone away. I don't have any MU-MIMO stuff anyway and very few legacy devices so it shouldn't be an issue for me to leave it like this. The real question is if it was just a coincidence and Twitch was having issues at the time or if this actually fixed it.

Update:
Well this either fixed it or it was a complete coincidence that Twitch was having issues right after I updated my firmware.

Last edited:
I turned off airtime fairness and MU-MIMO on each of the radio bands and so far the problem has gone away. I don't have any MU-MIMO stuff anyway and very few legacy devices so it shouldn't be an issue for me to leave it like this. The real question is if it was just a coincidence and Twitch was having issues at the time or if this actually fixed it.

Update:
Well this either fixed it or it was a complete coincidence that Twitch was having issues right after I updated my firmware.

Something still seems wonky with this. I had to switch to 2.4Ghz for my FireTV for it to act right. They may be something strange going on with the 5Ghz radios in this release.

updated from 4180 to 7378 a few hours back. did a factory reset after upgrade and then disabled airtime fairness and MU-MIMO since have no use for them. downloaded 55gb so far in the last few hours.no issues so far.

updated from 4180 to 7378 a few hours back. did a factory reset after upgrade and then disabled airtime fairness and MU-MIMO since have no use for them. downloaded 55gb so far in the last few hours.no issues so far.

Everything seemed normal to me as well except Twitch on my FireTV. It almost seems like the wireless signal on 5Ghz was weaker or having some sort of intermittent issues that would cause the stream quality on auto to go up and down (or.. if I chose source quality it would just sit there and buffer.. then play .. right back to buffer). It is absolutely perfect in firmware 4180 so I have no idea what they are doing that causes it (and yes I did an nvram erase and configured from scratch after updating to 7378).

Edit:
I should also point out that I tried turning off QoS as well to make sure there wasn't something going on with that and it didn't help.

4180 had a weird thing with my wifi enabled Canon imageclass printer this past week. had downloaded past 400gb in 3 days and for some reason 2.4ghz went missing from the SSID list when viewed from the printer display. it could not reconnect till i did a reboot of the router. connection was fine on 2 laptops on same signal. so today upgraded to 7378. will be downloading non stop for the next few days to see if that still is happening.

downloaded once again over 300GB over 2 days. connectivity was good. however when i decided to reboot through the Web UI, the router failed to come up. couldn't connect over 192.168.1.1. performed a reset by poking with a pen the reset button till it started the slow blink. powered off, powered on then it came up after about 3 minutes. phew

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!