What's new

ASUS RT-AC5300 no 2.4GHz network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doppler

New Around Here
Ok, here is my question. I bought an RT-AC5300 router on ebay, and after a few months (few firmware updates) my 2.4 GHz SSID disappear. I read a lot of threads and a lot of users claim this problem and most of them RMA device. Because I bought it on ebay I have no possibility to do that. Are there anyone who can help me with this? Is this an hardware issue or software? If it is software Im willing to investigate it and try to solve that. Does anyone have knowledge about this, and can anyone point me in right direction. Thanks

PS: If you need any information, network log, anything that can help solving me this, please ask

After to make sure that you have the latest firmware, perform a factory reset and reconfigure. This may or may not fix but you have to try.

While I have had acceptable success purchasing no longer available stuff using eBay in the past, I would be reluctant to purchase electronics. There is usually a reason why electronics is sold on eBay; old, buggy, or "fell of the truck" merchandise.

I have a latest firmware and I tried factory reset right now, same thing.

Yes I know its risky buying on ebay but it is to late to regret now. Now I need to figure out if this problem can be solved and how.