What's new

Asus RT-AC56U USB problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RagingDave89

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

my first post here, and i've checked a little bit around to make sure the answer to my question was already answered but can't see anything about it. When i plud any usb stick or HDD in my router usb's (3.0 or 2.0) it can mount the disk no problem but it's still telling me available space: 0Gb, used space: 0Gb.

I tried to format my lexar usb int fat32, and my external portable HDD in NTFS, they won't work but are seen in the router.

Please help, it was happening with asuswrt and even after updating to merlin.

thank you,

Dave

Known firmware bug, nothing you can do about.

Thank you, but is there a way to make download master work, becuse it's telling me that i got no usb device connected. Maybe it's the same issue that is affecting this functions... If i try to revert to an older version, so you think it could work and if you have a specific version i could revert.

Thanks again

Last edited:
I just want to add that i can see my share on plex media and i can add things in it but download master is still telling me there is no usb detected.

Thank you dorinspeedy but no luck, still have the same trouble. I did a factory reset after the update without any changes.

So i don't have any options that could solve my problem. Because it's a great router but without usb that's just not really worth it i think. I think that if i flash tomato on it it could work but i never did it and I'm not sure about trying to.