What's new

Asus RT-AC59U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Justinsu

New Around Here
hello first post here, honestly i'm complete noob in term of router, just recently need to buy a good ac router, so i do a research and got a little understanding about wireless router. So 3 days ago i bought asus RT-AC59U, and i got no coverage for 5Ghz (only my pc only connect with this router) phones, laptop, etc no coverage. so i contact asus support for this (asus support in my country is good) next day i got confirmation about this relatively new product and tell me control channel on my country still isn't supported, so they will release new firmware this month, to address this! And retailers told me if i want to wait for firmware or upgrade to AC66U B1 with paying more 15$, should i take the offer or not ? Honestly i don't know what's the hardware inside AC59U, asus site not tell many information about it,( preliminary sample my pc can connect to 5Ghz so i do speedtest once, and got 95Mbps on 5Ghz, very slow on 2.4ghz around ~40mb) so what should i do ? wait for firmware, or upgrade to ac 66U b1 ? ( the only thing i know is RT AC59U uses qualcomm processor, and RT AC66U B1 use broadcomm processor, i dont know which is better ), honestly i need help for decision here..

With the exception of the extra antenna on 2.4GHz everything about the RT-AC66U_B1's hardware is better than the RT-AC59U.

The RT-AC66U_B1 is the same hardware as the RT-AC68U, the most well respected router Asus has made. It has excellent third party support and options for alternative firmware.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!