What's new

Asus rt-ac66u, have I been hacked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Routernoob

New Around Here
Hi, new user here! Not much experience with routers in general. I have an asus rt-ac66u router that has worked fine up until yesterday when I was suddenly unable to connect to my wifi with mobile/computers. When I looked at the router the power button is blinking fast as if the WPS is active which is new. The WAN LED was also blinking fast.

I tried restarting the router a couple of times with no success. I tried connecting to the router using an ethernet cable and typing in 192.168.1.1 but I couldn't get access to the GUI. I downloaded the latest firmware and firmware restoration tool and did a factory reset which made the power LED blink slowly. I was seemingly able to connect to the router and upload the firmware both via the firmware tool and via chrome. As soon as it was finished it began blinking fast again and I can't connect to the router.

Any ideas on what's causing this and what I can do? Have I been hacked via WPS?

Check the power adapter first before going to the store to buy a new router...

rt-acn66u, probably had it for a while - the ac adapters are a weak spot...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!