What's new

Asus RT-AC68: Partial Routing of the traffic to paid VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

begon

New Around Here
Hi, I have a network with 2 computers, one Apple TV and one Smart TV, all connected to the same ASUS Wifi router.
My objective is to have the Apple TV traffic, and only the Apple TV traffic, to go through a paid VPN service (HMA).
To achieve that I have set up an OpenVPN client on the Asus Router. But I can't find the instruction to add to the *.opvn file so that only the apple TV traffic go through the VPN.

My Apple TV IP is 168.192.2.5.
Reading forums, I have tried instructions like

route-nopull
route 192.168.2.5 0.0.0.0 VPN

but it does not work.
Any help is more than welcome.
THANKS a lot.

Hi, I have a network with 2 computers, one Apple TV and one Smart TV, all connected to the same ASUS Wifi router.
My objective is to have the Apple TV traffic, and only the Apple TV traffic, to go through a paid VPN service (HMA).
To achieve that I have set up an OpenVPN client on the Asus Router. But I can't find the instruction to add to the *.opvn file so that only the apple TV traffic go through the VPN.

route-nopull

but it does not work.
THANKS a lot.
You need to setup policy rules with the VPN client. Its all explained in this article
http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ho...-for-pia-and-other-vpn-providers-07-19.30851/

route-nopull

but it does not work.
THANKS a lot.
I assume you have setup the VPN client, and its working.
In the VPN client that you setup, go to Redirect Internet traffic and enable policy rules.
also say yes to Block routed clients if tunnel goes down
look for Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel at the lower section and type the following in the appropriate fields;

Source IP 168.192.2.5 Destination IP 0.0.0.0 lface VPN

that's all you have to do. All your traffic will go to local ISP and your TV box will go to the VPN