What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U 3.0.0.4.378.4850 - BETA Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maximvd

Occasional Visitor
Asus released a new firmware version for the RT-AC68U:
THIS IS A BETA VERSION
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4850
Release note:
- Add DDNS support method and tutorials on web interface when DDNS is not able to use in some areas.

MD5:738e66474f9ebc8b0fe4350ed6b8b08d

Download link

just flashed it, working great,

When I check the MD5 hash it comes up wrong. Can someone else check please.

When I check the MD5 hash it comes up wrong. Can someone else check please.

The hash I get is "a7820cb6892174c521d797b86725acad" but as Asus didn't provide hashes before I didn't check it. Let's hope this isn't bad news.

The hash I get is "a7820cb6892174c521d797b86725acad" but as Asus didn't provide hashes before I didn't check it. Let's hope this isn't bad news.

Probably a bad copy/paste job from their web admin, as they didn't just copy the changelog, but also the md5 across multiple router models.

Thanks, I get the same.

They gave an MD5 for the 4585 release of rtac68u. It's just not obvious or expected since it was the first time. Let us hope they keep doing it.

This beta firmware from Asus IS CRAP. I got this broken interface (and we can't scroll up):
1429611448.png

It seems that the upgrade page does not work too...

This beta firmware from Asus IS CRAP. I got this broken interface (and we can't scroll up):

It seems that the upgrade page does not work too...

It's a bug with the French language file in their newer firmware releases. They added an apostrophe in a location that causes the Javascript code to break.

When is the final version coming out? I'm waiting impatiently to load it on my AC68P.

It's a bug with the French language file in their newer firmware releases. They added an apostrophe in a location that causes the Javascript code to break.
They didn't fix this problem. I have the official firmware release. I got my router 3 days ago. The Asus support team is not even aware of this issue. I've been told to get a replacement, for the third time.

If the regional settings in Windows is set to french don't update the firmware unless you switch the language to english first from the Web GUI. This is my first Asus product. It is not that easy to get the support phone number, which is not free of charge 888 ou 877 line.

They didn't fix this problem. I have the official firmware release.

Which exact firmware version are you running? The latest is 378_4850, which is still labeled as beta, and has the bug mentioned in this thread.

Which exact firmware version are you running? The latest is 378_4850, which is still labeled as beta, and has the bug mentioned in this thread.

He probably has the same 4850 beta and thinks its the official release because Asus dont show the firmware as beta on the router web UI.

After a few days of UPTIME I lost the WAN connection and I must reboot de rooter (RT-AC68U). I went back to 4585. 4850 is not stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!