What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U/AC87U 3.0.0.4_378_7177 Official Beta Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

Here's the link to it:

RT-AC68U: https://www.dropbox.com/s/opfjc64jpzyrpp1/RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_378_7177-g679815c.trx?dl=0
RT-AC87U: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr50udo5k7gusv3/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_7177-g679815c.trx?dl=0

- Release Note -

[For Japan Only]
Security fixes
- Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability when router is in default status (user does not set the router yet)
- Fixed 5G WPS pin code related issue

New features
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Added the question feedback in Administration -> Feedback
- Added new DDNS provider www.oray.com

Bug fixes
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed adaptive QoS device priority label dragging issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine.
- Improved media server response time when new file added.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Added stateful server in IPv6
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.
- Fixed WAN led issue when dual wan enabled.
- Changed 5GHz driver to improved connected issue.

Enjoy,

UPDATE: 5Ghz band in AC87U is still not working for me when WPS is off and BF on.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. For the RT-AC87U...did they fix the "miniupnpd: SSDP packet sender not from a LAN, ignoring" messages that were flooding the system log?
Not showing up on my syslog at least...

Replied through Tapatalk

Hi,

Here's the link to it:

RT-AC68U: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g3a19fiokplinn/RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_378_7163-g9c3a61d.trx?dl=0
RT-AC87U: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo34demdbhfg7f0/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_7163-g9c3a61d.trx?dl=0

Note: I don't have the release notes (I do recommend hard reset because of this reason)

Enjoy,

UPDATE: 5Ghz band in AC87U is still not working for me when WPS is off and BF on.

So WPS remains enabled on 5Ghz when you reboot right? How are you finding 5Ghz connectivity on this release?

So WPS remains enabled on 5Ghz when you reboot right? How are you finding 5Ghz connectivity on this release?
Yes, WPS still turns on on each reboot.
5Ghz is responding very well and stable, only if I turn beamforming off and keep WPS on. Switch any of those options and will be a disaster or won't be able to connect to it.

My Samsung devices after a long period of time disconnects, but apple devices stays connected (5Ghz talking)

Replied through Tapatalk

Last edited:
UPDATE: _7177 out :p (links/title above updated)

Reactions: fax
These test builds introduce the new Bandwidth Limiter BTW.

Thanks for the info. I'm now applying _7177.
Where can we find the Bandwidth limiter options? In Guest AP's, where?

Replied through Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm now applying _7177.
Where can we find the Bandwidth limiter options? In Guest AP's, where?

Replied through Tapatalk

Under QoS. It's a third QoS mode that was added, beside Traditional and Adaptive.

It currently affects the entire network. They have plans for a more advanced configuration in the future (can't share their plans just yet).

I don't know if it's fully working yet either. Remember that these are beta builds, so they could still be Work-in-progress. Like some other features I spotted in the AC87U beta, and which I'm not sure what they are for. (new binaries and libraries added).

Does the latest build have the same WPS problem than the previous one?

Thanks,
Yes

Replied through Tapatalk

Reactions: fax
Quick question. I am using Merlin 378.54_2 on an 68u. I was browsing the nvram and came across three entries I was curious about. I checked the source code and the entries are present there as well. Anyone have any info?

wan1_routing_isp=china_mobile
modem_roaming_scanlist=/tmp/cops.txt
wan0_routing_isp=china_mobile

What's the significance of [For Japan Only]

Is it only for specific models or can it be used on any device?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!