What's new

Asus RT-AC68U External HDD Upgrade / Disk Clone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tattz The Bear

New Around Here
I have a WD 3TB HDD connected to the USB 3.0 port of my Asus RT-AC68U Router. It all works fine and I am able to watch movies and listen to music around my house via the WiFi network.

However, as my collection grows and the drive is getting used for the storage of other data as well I want to upgrade it to a similar drive but with 5TB capacity.

To clone the smaller drive to the new one, is it as simple as using something like Macrium Reflect to copy the existing files across?

Has anybody already done this and are there any pitfalls that I should watch out for?

TIA

I have a WD 3TB HDD connected to the USB 3.0 port of my Asus RT-AC68U Router. It all works fine and I am able to watch movies and listen to music around my house via the WiFi network.

However, as my collection grows and the drive is getting used for the storage of other data as well I want to upgrade it to a similar drive but with 5TB capacity.

To clone the smaller drive to the new one, is it as simple as using something like Macrium Reflect to copy the existing files across?

Has anybody already done this and are there any pitfalls that I should watch out for?

TIA
You should be able to use something like Clonezilla or Macrium to clone the disk.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!