What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U firmware release 3.0.0.4.384_81351

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VANT

Very Senior Member
Changelog
Code:
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81351
- Release Note - 

1. Fixed a DDoS vulnerability.
2. Fixed Let's Encrypt related bugs.
3. Fixed folder creating bugs in Samba.
4. Fixed dual wan failover bugs while the primary wan type is L2TP.

For now avaible by GUI

popped up on the gui, seems like a minor update. the folder issue is also on the 86u last firmware.

Changelog
Code:
Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_81351
- Release Note -

1. Fixed a DDoS vulnerability.
2. Fixed Let's Encrypt related bugs.
3. Fixed folder creating bugs in Samba.
4. Fixed dual wan failover bugs while the primary wan type is L2TP.

For now avaible by GUI
not seeing this on asus.com; most recent is Version 3.0.0.4.384.81049

Got the update via the gui and updated 2 AC68U in mesh mode view hours ago.
Router seems fine, but the node wasn't able to connect/sync. (no connection to internet)
After factory reset of the node it was up and running again.

After that I did a factory reset of the router as well just in case. Uploaded config backup - works.

Looks good for the moment, nothing corrupt in losgs, wifi seems stable, smooth roaming and Let's encrypt working again.

Last edited:
Updated my 68U's (all are AiMesh nodes) to v81351 via the GUI this afternoon. No issues to note...roaming seems fine, didn't have to do any resetting after the update completed. The 86U (which I use as my main router) is still on v81049, so I won't benefit from the LetsEncrypt update until the 86U version of the new firmware is posted. I would imagine we'll see an update for the 86U soon though.

Hi new to SNB I did a update last night..

Now im getting alots of these in my systemlog. MAC adress edited out.

Nov 15 05:20:01 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth2: Auth MAC here, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Nov 15 05:20:01 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(449): eth2: Assoc MAC here, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)

Any one know what this is?

hmmm yesterday i lost my 2.4GHz in 68u node. Same bug like in 81049. Only one stable fw for me is 81039. In 81039 my 68u node never lost 2.4GHz. My node is connected to main router by wifi (poor signal) so i think that is the problem for new fw.

Code:
Stations List                     
----------------------------------------
idx MAC               Associated Authorized    RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS Tx rate Rx rate Connect Time
   2C:xx:A1:xx:69:xx Yes                      0dBm ac  No  Yes Yes  No     3      1M         00:00:08

node is not authorized.....same as in 81049

strange is that i make dirty update node to latest fw then work ok, but whein i make factory default for node and re-add node then start loosing 2.4Ghz

Last edited:
I updated this morning to 3.0.0.4.384_81351. Bare in mind I'm just layman. After the update a lost my internet connection. Almost lost my mind trying to figure out the problem because everything looked ok. I could ping my public ip, the WAN connection was ok. Eventually I tried to turn of time scheduling in Parenting Control. And voila, it started to work. I have had serious problems with the Time Scheduling. It has it own life deleting devices, adding devices on it's own and changing the actual hour from the one I have set to completely block every our an all device. This is driving me nuts I hoped this update would fix that. But apparently not...

seems like next crap, after 81049.....

After update to 3.0.0.4.384.81351 and factory reset to my setup enviroent with RT-AC68U (1 Router, 2 nodes) got very unstable, the WIFI connection to the some devices wast lost several times per day. The same behavior is also present on 3.0.0.4.384.81049 to some extent but mutch less so, So far the most stable seems to be 3.0.0.4.384.45717 atleast in my setup.

I am using wired backhaul between the router and nodes, and there are about 50 devices connected to the network. I sent in a report from the system so hopefully this can be of help to the development team.

Downgraded firmware to 3.0.0.4.384.45717 everything works like a charm again... 3.0.0.4.384.81351 was totaly hopless, 40 devices and constant problem whit some of the devices.. Learned my lesson, wait!! No need to hurry.. :)

Last edited:
It appears that there are two main issues for firmware released after 45717. The first being the wireless drops/disconnects when using AIMesh mode, or in my case, using the wireless repeater mode. The second issue is accessing and transferring data to USB connected hard drives; not sure if it's related, but it might have something to do with the update to SMB. In my setup, any firmware beyond 45717 would cause any file transfers from any host to one of my USB hard drives which are connected to my RT-AC68U to simply timeout. I could access any drive, and even play a video successfully, but there was some extra initial delay before a video would play. No more flashing to the latest firmware for me, now I check to see what has been updated or fixed in a newly released firmware, and check these forms to see what people are saying.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!