What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.6975

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

maximvd

Occasional Visitor
- Release Note -
New features
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Added the question feedback in Administration -> Feedback
- Added new DDNS provider www.oray.com

Bug fixes
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed adaptive QoS device priority label dragging issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine.
- Improved media server response time when new file added.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Added stateful server in IPv6
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.
- Fixed the NAT loopback issue when connecting to LAN FTP server.
- Fixed UI issue when using SmartSync to sync with Dropbox.
- Fixed lease time and lease expires time
- Fixed Ethernet connection fail in IPv6 when WAN hwaddr is cloned.
- Fixed smart sync error when synchronized with Samba and FTP
- Fixed JS error in AiProtection
- Fixed allowed and blocked incoming icmp firewall rules.
- Fixed dnsmasq buffer overflow issue.
- Fixed redirect issue when using https only.
- Fixed USB related issues when connected to USB hub.

Security related
- Enhanced the login authentication strength and fixed CSRF related issues.
- Forced administrator to change the default password "admin" in internet setup wizard.
- Added protection mechanism for GUI login brute-force attack for login username and password.
- Administrator can assign a specified IP to login GUI in Administration > System > "Allow only specified IP.

3G/LTE dongle related fixes
- Fixed executed time issue when using auto-APN.
- Modified auto-APN nvram.
- Fixed lockpin function.
- Fixed send_sms function.
- Updated the SPN data from Android.
- Fixed web redirected fail after setting PPPoE in internet setup wizard.

MD5: 647722a3c7300ee9b6d60608ee2869a2

Has anyone tried this version yet? iIf so, how does it work?

Just saw it up an bit over hour or so ago.
Trying it now
Will see how it goes

Running now for few hours
don't use to many features pretty much standard use but seems okay

Last edited:
@RMerlin

Do we need to clear NVRAM or reset it by pressing WPS button for this build?

Does Asus mention it in their changelog? They would be the one to know, not me.

Could not connect to my Airtel 4G account on my 4G USB modem (Huawei) after switching to 6975..

I was on beta 6152 and everything was working fine for me.. i was able to connect to my Airtel 4G account through my Huawei USB modem..

I upgraded to this 6975 and faced too much difficulties as i just could not connect to my Airtel 4G account even though it was showing the Huawei modem properly detected.. It just wont connect.. did many many connects and disconnects and few hours spent in many many try and attempts of router resets and again many modem connects and disconnects.. but it just wont connect to my Airtel 4G account even though it was showing the Huawei modem properly detected..

This was very very frustrating and after few hours of effort I ultimately rolled back to beta 6152 and everything worked like a charm.. it connected to my Airtel 4G account extremely smoothly no problem atall..

I wish if i can upgrade to these latest firmwares but what you think could be the reason/s it just did not connect to my Airtel 4G account even though it was properly detecting the Huawei modem? What should i do?

Your guidance will help..

-Kishor

Where are the Asus changelogs? The firmware download file contains only a .trx binary. I cruised through all of the tabs on https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U but I could not find anything.

Same webpage where you download it, right above the download link. It's a one-page long changelog.

And it's even recopied right in the first post of this very thread...

Same webpage where you download it, right above the download link. It's a one-page long changelog.

And it's even recopied right in the first post of this very thread...
Sorry for my dumb post. Yes, I saw the info from Asus. But it was slugged "Release Note" rather than "changelog." I thought I was missing something.

I went ahead and upgraded firmware just now. FAIL. I could log in to the router, but I could not make any change to router state. Changing WPA passwords, rebooting router, etc. Nothing I did in my web browser had any effect. To make matters worse, one of my guest networks stopped working, so I had to do something.

My solution was to push the hardware reset button. Then install previous version of firmware. Then restore my old settings from a .CFG file that I saved in April. Whew.

No problem here. It did fixed the wireless scheduler problem.

RT-AC66U - RT-AC68U
MarioLangevin.com
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there is a bug in the new firmware.
Have a hard drive used as a DLNA server connected to the usb 3.0 port. After updating the router it can no longer se the media files on hdd. Tried to reset, but no luck.
So I was forced to go back to version 3.0.0.4.378.4585 and now it works again.

Last edited:
I think there is a bug in the new firmware.
Have a hard drive used as a DLNA server connected to the usb 3.0 port. After updating the router it can no longer se the media files on hdd. Tried to reset, but no luck.
So I was forced to go back to version 3.0.0.4.378.4585 and now it works again.

Thanks. I wonder if the 7177 beta firmware fixes this and other bugs.

I've had no problems with it.
Updated 2 RT-AC68P's today. No issues with either (other than the power button on one of them is starting to stick).

Minor annoyance is that Firefox makes me retype my userid and password each time I log in.

I have found this need to log in each time a real pain as I am dyslexic. It used to be so easy so I just do not understand why they had to do this and hope it will be changed at some time!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!