What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U USB 3.0 Speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sir Patriot

Regular Contributor
Hi guys

I am using ASUS RT-AC68U using the latest Asuswrt-Merlin firmware with connected WD My book 2TB USB 3.0 and they are connected to a laptop with a SSD via a LAN CAT6 cable and I already disabled Reducing USB 3.0 interference but still the maximum speed is 28MB/s-29MB/s!!!

What is wrong?

You have to disable USB3 Interference reduction option (or something like that, my interface is in italian language) under Wireless->2.4ghz network->Professional. Maybe you need a reboot after... I don't remember.

You have to disable USB3 Interference reduction option (or something like that, my interface is in italian language) under Wireless->2.4ghz network->Professional. Maybe you need a reboot after... I don't remember.

I already did that but did not help.

Hello, are the speeds are now normal over usb 3.0 ? Getting consistent R/W speeds? I m waiting for an clue , for buying ac68u

For me, even if I disable "Reducing USB3.0 Interference" I can't get more than 20MB.
The disk has different led color for USB3.0/USB2.0 connection and the LED indication on the disk shows USB3.0

The Mac book Air is AC enabled and syncs at 867Mbps wirelessly.

in my testing with the drive formatted in fat32

USB 3 testing

---------

usb3 to ethernet

read 52 MB/s write 38 Mb/s

-------------------

--------------------

usb 3 to asus pce-ac68 at 10 feet

read 33.5 Mb/s write 27.7 MB/s

--------------------

---------------------

usb 3 to belkin 1200 AC usb at 10 feet

read 23.5 MB/s 21.5 MB/s write

For me, even if I disable "Reducing USB3.0 Interference" I can't get more than 20MB.
The disk has different led color for USB3.0/USB2.0 connection and the LED indication on the disk shows USB3.0

The Mac book Air is AC enabled and syncs at 867Mbps wirelessly.
Oh! Means its not solved yet?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you're using 2.4 GHz, the slow speed could be due to USB3 interference with the band. You can see the 2.4GHz noise level at System Log > Wireless. If it's high, try wrap your USB3 device with aluminium foil.

If you're using 2.4 GHz, the slow speed could be due to USB3 interference with the band. You can see the 2.4GHz noise level at System Log > Wireless. If it's high, try wrap your USB3 device with aluminium foil.
Does using an extension cable solve this?

Does using an extension cable solve this?

That will depend on the quality (shielding and grounding) of the extension cable. ;)

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!