What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4608 - Just released!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4608
- Release note -

Bug fixes
- Fixed AP mode connection issue.
- Fixed guest network disappearing issue.
- Fixed rebooted issue when WAN disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed traffic monitor GUI issue.

Security related
- Upgrade OpenSSL library to 1.0.0q
- Fixed CVE-201301813
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability on page Main_Analysis_Content.asp

AiProtection fixes
- Fixed router reboot issue when disabled AiProtection
- Fixed kernel panic when wan reconnected
- Modified web history strings
- Updated signature to 1.030
- Optimize memory usage

Bug fixes
- Fixed IE9 compatibility issue
- Fixed NAT loopback issue
- Fixed abnormal SSH system log
- Fixed network map UI issues.
- Improved UDP performance

Other
- Added Movistar profile in IPTV setting page

md5:f93939fae0175f07df97b1c653664e07 image/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_4608-g7e6c1e5.trx

http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

CC

Is the MD5 the same as the beta? Filename seems identical... just to avoid flashing the same firmware.

EDIT: Answer myself... yes, same MD5

But then can you confirm that Beamforming is disabled like in the beta?

Last edited:
Is the MD5 the same as the beta? Filename seems identical... just to avoid flashing the same firmware.

The MD5s are the same:

Beta firmware: f93939fae0175f07df97b1c653664e07
Released firmware: f93939fae0175f07df97b1c653664e07

Note to anyone flashing this firmware that beamforming is off by default (it is normally enabled). ASUS did say that it would be reenabled with a public release of the firmware but it seems that's not the case here.

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4608
- Release note -

Bug fixes
- Fixed AP mode connection issue.
- Fixed guest network disappearing issue.
- Fixed rebooted issue when WAN disconnected and reconnected.
- Fixed traffic monitor GUI issue.

Security related
- Upgrade OpenSSL library to 1.0.0q
- Fixed CVE-201301813
- Fixed the XSS vulnerability on page Main_Analysis_Content.asp

AiProtection fixes
- Fixed router reboot issue when disabled AiProtection
- Fixed kernel panic when wan reconnected
- Modified web history strings
- Updated signature to 1.030
- Optimize memory usage

Bug fixes
- Fixed IE9 compatibility issue
- Fixed NAT loopback issue
- Fixed abnormal SSH system log
- Fixed network map UI issues.
- Improved UDP performance

Other
- Added Movistar profile in IPTV setting page

md5:f93939fae0175f07df97b1c653664e07 image/RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_4608-g7e6c1e5.trx

http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax

CC

Borked.....

LAN upload speed terrible......

Sent from my SCH-I545

Borked.....

LAN upload speed terrible......

Sent from my SCH-I545

Hi,
Could you explain little bit more?
And how did you install this firmware, what was your previous version?

Hi,
Could you explain little bit more?
And how did you install this firmware, what was your previous version?

.4376 firmware....

Windows 8.1 ---64bit---

Installed thru Asus Router WebUI..

Soft reboot... Followed by a hard reset....

LAN via Cat 6...

Upload speed of .03 Mbps when I normally get 12 Mbps....

Download was great at 60 Mbps

Sent from my SCH-I545

.4376 firmware....

Windows 8.1 ---64bit---

Installed thru Asus Router WebUI..

Soft reboot... Followed by a hard reset....

LAN via Cat 6...

Upload speed of .03 Mbps when I normally get 12 Mbps....

Download was great at 60 Mbps

Sent from my SCH-I545

Thank your very much for your information :)

EDIT: Answer myself... yes, same MD5

But then can you confirm that Beamforming is disabled like in the beta?

This is what I wanted to know. Has anyone flashed this over a clean nvram to verify the beam forming default settings? I simply flashed over the beta build and manually enabled beam forming.

CC

This is what I wanted to know. Has anyone flashed this over a clean nvram to verify the beam forming default settings? I simply flashed over the beta build and manually enabled beam forming.

CC

As the checksums are identical it's safe to say that this is no different than the beta build and beamforming will be disabled by default.

Hi, for me this firmware is working fine, LAN to Wifi appx 250Mbs, same for Wifi to LAN, WAN to LAN 920 Mbs. For me this is good... ofc, i had better uplink and downlink with older firmware but this one seems to be more stabile...
I will keep it to see if after several days it will be the same...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, for me this firmware is working fine, LAN to Wifi appx 250Mbs, same for Wifi to LAN, WAN to LAN 920 Mbs. For me this is good... ofc, i had better uplink and downlink with older firmware but this one seems to be more stabile...
I will keep it to see if after several days it will be the same...

Can you check if Beamforming is ON for both 2.4 and 5.0 bands or are they disabled?

CC

I used only 5Ghz in AC mode...all my devices are on 5Ghz AC. By default the beamforming was OFF but i enable it ... both of them, universal and 802.11 ac

Hey is any anyone noticing that on the 5Ghz radio the g band keeps popping up? I have seen this on the inssider tool to monitor my wifi interference. This is after the upgrade to 4608. I did the GUI reset after the upgrade, but this seems a bit weird. I'll keep watch and see if anything changes.

Hey is any anyone noticing that on the 5Ghz radio the g band keeps popping up? I have seen this on the inssider tool to monitor my wifi interference. This is after the upgrade to 4608. I did the GUI reset after the upgrade, but this seems a bit weird. I'll keep watch and see if anything changes.

I have NOT seen this, just checked now............

CC

All, I'm really trying to like this router, but at this point extremely frustrated. Outside of an issue I'm having where I am unable to turn off (all the buttons within the related screen are frozen) Samba and FTP, it isn't clear to me what firmware I should be downloading.

I saw the discussion regarding whether or not RT-AC87U/R are the same, and while I'm still not sure if a conclusion was reached -- I only want to confirm that I can (should?) download the new firmware for the 87U, despite my router being the 87R. Thank you in advance!!

**Note** I haven't seen anybody mention this (which is also confusing and frustrating due to a lack of consistency), but if you go to the http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC87U site, the new version (4608) is only available if you select 32/64 bit Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 32 bit. If you would select Windows 8 64 bit, the latest firmware shows as 4376. Lord you can see why a detail oriented individual isn't exactly happy with their ASUS experience (freakin having panic attacks over here... haha).

Can you check if Beamforming is ON for both 2.4 and 5.0 bands or are they disabled?

CC
i restore to default on the GUI, then put router to recovery mode and flashed this new firmware, after that on both bands stating beaming forming on by default.

i restore to default on the GUI, then put router to recovery mode and flashed this new firmware, after that on both bands stating beaming forming on by default.

So I am not too sure its the exact same beta firmware.

CC

So I am not too sure its the exact same beta firmware.

CC

Doesn't make sense - the released firmware is bit-for-bit the same as the beta version (as verified by MD5 validation). There's no way that one build could have beamforming enabled by default and another one without - it would change the MD5 signature.

Doesn't make sense - the released firmware is bit-for-bit the same as the beta version (as verified by MD5 validation). There's no way that one build could have beamforming enabled by default and another one without - it would change the MD5 signature.

Then explain this:

"i restore to default on the GUI, then put router to recovery mode and flashed this new firmware, after that on both bands stating beaming forming on by default."

CC

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!